Customising shoes.

AnUpsetStomach

So my little cousin wants a colour particular color scheme on his shoes, rather than going to nike ID he wants me to paint them for him...

I was wondering if anyone has ever just spray painted different areas with just a thin cap a beltons and a bunch of masking tape? Will this flake when walking?

Any suggestions would be great.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i dont see it flaking short term..but im sure if you wore the hell oout of them like everyday, im sure it might take a toll on them..oil based enamel on leather shoes should soke in pretty well..

i wouldnt see a problem with it unless you did it around high risk areas of the shoe like the toes or heels.

taping the shoes off might work, if never thought about it...

airbrush works good..

theres a documentary called Just For Kicks that has this dude that does customs. he used brushes. if you can find it at your local video rental place, check it out. also, one of my friends does customs for people and i believe he uses paint pens.

yea jus go with acrylics..period...because:

spraypaint - ive tried using spraypaint and even if you use masking tape,it will go under the tape and fuck it all up...

oil based paint - the paint will never dry...well it might but itll take a long ass time...and wen it does dry, it will crack

latex based paint - it will peel and come off in one piece

acrylics - the best paint to use for shoes(other than leather dye of course but that doesnt count as paint)...and when it dries on the leather its prolly not gonna come off unless you use paint thinner or some shit....

.im not sayin im a professional but i have customized shoes for people and they still got the same dope ass colorway that i gave their shoes