How far have you come?

IDro

Everybody on these boards is or was a toy at some-point, SO i thought it would be a neat idea to for people to post progression pics. Ill start off.

Heres something i did when i first started writing around december.

Soak in the pure-toyness guys; it doesnt get any worse than that:

21axqap.jpg

Heres another i did at around the same time. Sorta makes you envy the blind, dont it?

21axrn5.jpg

Heres something i did around february or so. Its not good but i was starting to grasp how to form letters and do 3d and all that. and yes that handstyle is shit.

21axtsj.jpg

heres another one from the february-march period. I really tried to make the letters clear on this one. And notice the bubbles. I was very proud of those bubbles.

21axx6h.jpg

march madness. Heres me getting really abstract:

21axzpx.jpg

Im not sure when i did this one, it was before june i think (i smoke alot of pot so my memory is a little fuzzy). THe lesson here is that sometimes a cool character can distract people from shitty lettering:

21ay2r6.jpg

another:

21ay32t.jpg

Anyway, heres where im at now. Im still a toy but i feel like im getting better with each piece.:

21ay3y8.jpg

2115iy1.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

heres the post that inspired me to make this thread. Handpickedgod i hope you dont mind me using it.

Everybody here was whack like you were.

This was me two-three years ago.

DSC00207.JPG

This is me now.

dsc004829en.jpg

dsc004887od.jpg

This is me and my crew member on the wall.

dsc00581yv6kq4.jpg

Once you understand letter forms and shapes, color schemes ETC. Everything becomes a breeze. Trust me. Very similar with trying to learn to Bboy, same routine, different artform.

First off HPG that 3rd sketch is dope dope dope i esp love the shape.

http://x007.uploaderx.net/x/stuffonwalls17.jpg

ill try to find something from before this and update my post, but this was the first sketch in the book i have here.

http://x007.uploaderx.net/x/knimgraff014.jpg

im still pretty wack but im sketching everyday (this is about my 1 month mark) I havnt gave up hope yet. these are the 2 sketches ive done now that that book from the first post is done.

heres the post that inspired me to make this thread. Handpickedgod i hope you dont mind me using it.

You really want my insight>?

How old are you?

Since how long ago was it that you commenced your very FIRST sketch of a graff piece?

How much you feel that youve developed?

Ask yourself these questions, and i'll give you my cents.

If you studied your letterform INTENSELY, around two hours each and everyday. It shouldn't take you more than six months to depart from the toyneshness youve become so accustomed to be.

No amount of wildstyle practicing or crazy coloring will get you out of misunderstanding on how to comence with a piece. In all honesty, i'll tell you i've wasted about 1-2 years trying to figure out on how to do wildstyle, almost to the point of total aggrivation, when, during the final year, I realized that it was never wildstyle that was meant to be in the first place. For a while then, I stuck to working on individual elements, such as inking a piece properly (no suck out lines, everything clean), understanding coloring (one color as a fill in, then its complement in the 3d), spacing a piece out evenly (each letter having the same width,height, and length), and most important of all, LETTERFORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With proper dedication and time, you will progress much with learning of how the letters form, connect, and so on. Observe your piece, and take note by yourself of what you hate about it, and work to correct it. If you truely absorb everything you do in the piece, you will learn quickly what will work and what will not.

Tommorrow, i'll post up a bunch of my old shit. Pizz out.

How old are you?

Since how long ago was it that you commenced your very FIRST sketch of a graff piece?

If you studied your letterform INTENSELY, around two hours each and everyday. It shouldn't take you more than six months to depart from the toyneshness youve become so accustomed to be.

No amount of wildstyle practicing or crazy coloring will get you out of misunderstanding on how to comence with a piece. In all honesty, i'll tell you i've wasted about 1-2 years trying to figure out on how to do wildstyle, almost to the point of total aggrivation, when, during the final year, I realized that it was never wildstyle that was meant to be in the first place. For a while then, I stuck to working on individual elements, such as inking a piece properly (no suck out lines, everything clean), understanding coloring (one color as a fill in, then its complement in the 3d), spacing a piece out evenly (each letter having the same width,height, and length), and most important of all, LETTERFORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With proper dedication and time, you will progress much with learning of how the letters form, connect, and so on. Observe your piece, and take note by yourself of what you hate about it, and work to correct it. If you truely absorb everything you do in the piece, you will learn quickly what will work and what will not.

I know that was a little more directed at the other dude, but I will seriously take that into consideration from now on. Thank you very much

How old are you?

I need a shower... INTENESLY

I thought IDro improved a lot so did you, uglyh, god?

Archived