831 cali

meanone

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yo devine

"After bringing them grilled chickens and enough India ink and CD components so they could make tattoo guns, they felt like they could trust me enough to hook me up with one of their outside people. Then they knew I wasn't just a cop."

The end result is a starkly realistic portrayal of the Central American gangs that make their living trafficking people to the United States.

The film's action includes a dramatic shootout scene featuring real gang members as extras alongside actors.

Advertisement

"All the guns had blanks," Fukunaga said. "I had a gun too, if I had to regulate the situation."

Not that that made the scene entirely unproblematic: "The guy who plays the leader in that scene is a gang member," said Fukunaga.

"Once we shot that scene he was gone. I don't know where he went, and there was no way to track him down to come back in and record audio or anything."

Nevertheless, Fukunaga maintains that the characters he chose to portray are inherently likeable people.

"I liked the gang members and the immigrants I met equally, and had equal respect for them" Fukunaga said.

oh shit nigguh!

that vid even had the defs!

that graffiti boy is on anotha level..

"I liked the gang members and the immigrants I met equally, and had equal respect for them" Fukunaga said.

Comparing hard working immigrant people to sacks of shit MS'ers that think there way is the only way. Fukanga can go eat shit. Never saw most of the movie and don't want to. Funny when i was watching it i herd northener music. or was it another movie...

• Like 1