Connect-i-cut.

Eastavenu

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
There isn't different trades in graffiti, if you wanna go paint murals all day at legal spots why don't you grab some brushes and some tape because no ones gonna care if that's all you do. Sometimes I wonder what every artfag in Connecticut would do if they didn't have access to the fancy paints. Maybe it would make everyone better writers, but more than likely it would weed out people who should paint graffiti and people who shouldn't. It's a shame it has to be a discussion topic on here because in reality people should do whatever they want and let their work speak for themselves, but there is a clear line between the people who go about learning how to use spray paint the right way and people who just pick it up because they wanna be a graffiti artist over-night. As for Painter's Touch, that shit is awesome, despite the female valve which you can adapt to if you have the drive to(despite the fact that all Rusto is gonna be female). I use Rusto and Painter's Touch in most every productions whether it's just a base for my piece or a character, or the entirety of what I'm doing. Now maybe I'm cheap and I rack my paint, but even if, have I earned the right to drop $100 on fancy paints a week? No.

this discussion lost momentum a page ago, but havin missed it as it was goin down, i wanna weigh in:

sometimes, the message is in the materials. anyone here seen lord of war, w/ nick cage? in the

scene where he checks out the racks upon racks of AK's, those were all real. it was cheaper to go

ahead and buy bulk of actual functional AK's than it was to buy movie props, which if nothing else

reinforces the message of how fucked up the military industrial complex and the war economy is.

my point here is that for one to actualyl go to home depot or their local hardware stores and pick

up the materials that the pioneers of this art form used in their pieces, theres some significance

behind that very notion. if nothing else, it doesnt even matter how much the final product appears

so much as what it represents.

maybe nobody else shares this sentiment, but i've actually told myself to keep buying domestic

paint and keep pushing myself to make more with less, because that's how it was done when cats

were still inventing this shit.

my 2 cents, no more, no less.

Sentimentality and nostalgia has been all but lost with the new/current generation... I mentioned Jungle green, icy grape, and Spanish brown to someone recently and their response was "Are those new ironlak or montana colors?" uuugggggggghhhhhhhh

You could still find all the good old stuff in CT up until 1995 or so, Hot Raspberry, Pastel Aqua, Sunset Orange, Daisy Yellow and aqua turquoise were 1$ a can at a long gone auto supply store on Whalley Ave. New Haven(another instance where a time machine would be helpful)

I do not think you could call the people abusing fancy paints "art fags" .. "art fags" is more of a compliment like they have some artistic talent.

Sentimentality and nostalgia has been all but lost with the new/current generation... I mentioned Jungle green, icy grape, and Spanish brown to someone recently and their response was "Are those new ironlak or montana colors?" uuugggggggghhhhhhhh

ugghhh is rite, im not gonna front, i was NOT around when Icy Grape and Jungle Green were readily available and abundant, but i like to consider myself part of the new/current generation, and anyone in this generation does still atleast KNOW about the classic krylon colors, some of us even still look thru friends' basements and shit! whoever that was Ivan, i hope they are part of the future generation yet to come, and they learn graffiti history by the time their generation is the current......once summer hits i MIGHT have the balls to use this.....all bout layers!

DSCN3457.jpg