Connect-i-cut.

Eastavenu

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Jick is hot shit.

I just gotta vent a minute here. I went to this old, sketchy wall this morning to drop a piece, and I had this black & white running from 1997 there. No one touched it for ten years. It was running strong until this toy mark-ass fool "Beast" decided to piss all over it with some bullshit toy dance n' graff complete with fluorescent green. I don't know if this toy reads this shit, but I've seen your "shit" up in the area. You fucking suck balls and I'm going to diss out your shit every time I see it from now on. You're on some goth kid death metal tag letter structure. Shit is the hard suck. Just quit writing now. I'll piss in your mouth.

Post it if possible.

i need to vent here also, or at least raise an issue. it seems to me that no one is learning the fundamentals these days, and im a little dissapointed. first off the handwriting im seeing is shit, absolute shit. cats cant write their name straight anymore? why, too much time tapping on the keyboard instead of actually writing with pen and paper? learn to use your hand to WRITE so its LEGIBLE, and STYLISH. you will need these skills, they are valuable, you should have them. where are they these days? you have no excuse for not having a good handstyle. look around, youre obviously on this website, use it! check out other city's threads. look at the way people write, there is so much good shit on here, learn from it!. look to the older guys around you, why have they been respected for so long? why do people still enjoy seeing their graffiti? why does their older shit still have appeal? fundamentals. period. a solid foundation will earn you respect from your peers and among the elders.

i dont mean this post to be overly negative and, as a disclaimer of sorts, this is not directed at anyone in particular. that said, you know who you are. look at your graffiti and ask yourself if you have solid basics, you got a decent handstyle? you got simple letters? if not spend a few weeks/months/years whatever developing your game and tightening that shit. you got nothing but time, and no excuse not to. its real wack to see people thinking their shit is fresh because 28 toys on here hype them up. take this internet bullshit with a grain of salt. its not realistic, and shouldnt mean shit to you. im not saying dont listen to me though, i only speak the truth, and i know everything.

i need to vent here also, or at least raise an issue. it seems to me that no one is learning the fundamentals these days, and im a little dissapointed. first off the handwriting im seeing is shit, absolute shit. cats cant write their name straight anymore? why, too much time tapping on the keyboard instead of actually writing with pen and paper? learn to use your hand to WRITE so its LEGIBLE, and STYLISH. you will need these skills, they are valuable, you should have them. where are they these days? you have no excuse for not having a good handstyle. look around, youre obviously on this website, use it! check out other city's threads. look at the way people write, there is so much good shit on here, learn from it!. look to the older guys around you, why have they been respected for so long? why do people still enjoy seeing their graffiti? why does their older shit still have appeal? fundamentals. period. a solid foundation will earn you respect from your peers and among the elders.

i dont mean this post to be overly negative and, as a disclaimer of sorts, this is not directed at anyone in particular. that said, you know who you are. look at your graffiti and ask yourself if you have solid basics, you got a decent handstyle? you got simple letters? if not spend a few weeks/months/years whatever developing your game and tightening that shit. you got nothing but time, and no excuse not to. its real wack to see people thinking their shit is fresh because 28 toys on here hype them up. take this internet bullshit with a grain of salt. its not realistic, and shouldnt mean shit to you. im not saying dont listen to me though, i only speak the truth, and i know everything.

i definitely agree with you that no one knows how to tag anymore. im not gonna try and front like im a king, or that ive even been writing that long, but mad kids focus too much on their piecing skills and can barley throw down a decent handstyle ( i know this because im one of them). the one thing id like to add to ur comments tho is that, as a student who spends most of his class lectures messing with letter structures and different letter styles instead of taking notes (and when i do take notes, i try to style them up); messing with pen and paper, where u only move your wrist, will never compensate for getting on the street and learning about can control and how to get the proper perspective of the wall and the motion of your entire arm to drop a sick tag. what many people overlook is that, whether you're doing a one liner tag, 2 color throwy, or a masterpiece with 20-40 colors, your letters are still the most important aspect of your piece and that comprehension of what defines each letter of the alphabet (or numbers for that matter) is so necessary and a big bump to that ouija bomb. so tuff.

Big Babies! all of ya.

joke.

Lets put it this way. I have fallen off big time in alot of peoples eyes. (not for much longer?)

but I had my own reasons. this shit right here was a contributor.

I saw this fucking lack of respect coming a long time ago. I started seeing a bunch of mine and really good friends shit getting covered and crossed out and a bunch of new guys popping up with a chip on their shoulders and a dick up their asses on some "We takin over!" shit.

I was always down to support new kids and having more kids painting is awesome as you get to see new styles and new perspectives but you really need to know your place.

When I started out I would have had to be out of my mind if I even considered going over a Sine or Dash piece or what have you. I had to stay in tight spots just out of respect for the ones that came before me.

as for fundamentals... you gotta crawl before you can walk. thats all I have to say about that.

Just remember that one day you (the younger guys) will be "the ones that came before" and some smug little fuck all hopped up on ego and fame thirst might deface one of your longest running pieces, it wont feel that great.

yup. blah blah blah Im a big baby to.

eat a dick.

I'm gonna have to agree with that. I've seen it done a bunch of times. Pretty common shit. No need to call people out on it.

By the way, that is the black and white I was referring to, on the last page. I mean, yeah it kinda sucks, but I'm gonna guess that "Beast" wasn't even in grade school when i did it. Fucking sucks. Anyways, here's what I did at the spot yesterday.

l_58de5fe647100de27eaf04572dd41dd1.jpg

l_a644df86ea0c176b249ab2393cd4789a.jpg