(+44)01332drb

flipstlv

hello derby, i thought you'd all like to see what sins has just said to me...

"i dont listen to drop outs ill do ia i want and for rules on graff there aint any graff can be what u make of it its art"

will someone please tell this youth he's a joke. no rules in graff, most retarded comment ever.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MY OPINION ( BACK IN THE DAYS THERE WAS RULES! WHEN YOU ALL WASNT SILVA SPOON FED BY MONTANNA AND BELTONS WHEN YA HAD TO BUST A PIECE WITH CAR PLAN WATER COLOURS. YOU HAD TO LEARN TECHNIQUE WHAT COLOUR WOULD WORK WITH WHAT. LAYERING WAS A NO NO WITH MOST COLOURS! IT WAS ALL ABOUT BLENDS AND SHARP CUTS AND SMOOTH RIGHT OUT LINES ETC..OR EVEN THE OLD STONE CHIP.. LIMITED COLOURS UNLESS YOU COULD GET BUNTLACK OR NEW HOW TO MIX. STREET ART CHANGED THE RULES IN GRAFF AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED, CUZ IF YA USED STENCILS BACK IN THE 80S YOU WOULD OF BEEN MADE OUT TO BE A JOKE. GRAFF HAS MOVED ON A LOT. AND THERE IS A LOT OF ARTISTS/GRAFF ARTISTS WHO CHOOSE TO LEGAL AND THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO DO ILLEGAL AND THEN THERE ARE THOSE WHO JUST CAP AND TAG AND THEN THEM THAT JUST MOAN AND TRY TO CAUSE BEEF. IM NOT BEIN FUNNY KID BUT FROM WHERE IM STANDING IM NOT SEEING YOU PAINT,CAP OR TAG SO I GUESS YOU MOAN A LOT. I HEARD YOU PACKED UP! SHAME MAN CUZ YOU HAD THE POTENTIONAL OF BEIN A GOOD ARTIST. SO TO SUMMERISE...... TO MAKE A GOOD PIECE! WHAT EVER WORKS

TO PAINT ON THE STREET! DONT DOG MANS WORK

DONT GET CAUGHT

ANY ONE NO ANY OTHER RULES I CANT THINK OF ANY AT THE MIN....

don't hit churches, or peoples houses.

sometimes when writers hit legals, something not so good is going to end up over something that burns, and what burns and what don't is alot of the time down to opinion of style.

BUT... i know that i for one didn't even start painting legals until this year and i started writing like 4-5 years ago. in fact i barely pieced until this year. this is something you don't see in alot of writers at the moment. they get into graff by whatever means and by week 2 they're stockin up on paint and hitting HOF's... imagine you're visiting derby, your opinion of the writers and styles of derby are going to be made on what you see, so you trying to tell me anyone in any other city would let that shit slide?

toys don't realise how toy they are, it's the job of more established writers to put them in their place, and that's something i think derby needs 'cause let's face it, alot of the time kids are posting up flicks that are embarassing, and if they stay in the game long enough they'll look back and think the exact same thing in years to come.

i guess what i'm trying to say is respect is earned, not handed out.

so enough with the bitching. Sins mate, fair play for standin' up for your mate or whatever but i don't think anyones really in the position to be sayin' shit like that. your dues ain't paid yet so stop stirring shit and go out and paint. not starting beef but this shit is getting stupid.

right, it's summer, the weather is sick. time for beers and a wander down the tracks

now... POST SOME FUCKING FLICKS.

don't hit churches, or peoples houses.

sometimes when writers hit legals, something not so good is going to end up over something that burns, and what burns and what don't is alot of the time down to opinion of style.

BUT... i know that i for one didn't even start painting legals until this year and i started writing like 4-5 years ago. in fact i barely pieced until this year. this is something you don't see in alot of writers at the moment. they get into graff by whatever means and by week 2 they're stockin up on paint and hitting HOF's... imagine you're visiting derby, your opinion of the writers and styles of derby are going to be made on what you see, so you trying to tell me anyone in any other city would let that shit slide?

toys don't realise how toy they are, it's the job of more established writers to put them in their place, and that's something i think derby needs 'cause let's face it, alot of the time kids are posting up flicks that are embarassing, and if they stay in the game long enough they'll look back and think the exact same thing in years to come.

so enough with the bitching. Sins mate, fair play for standin' up for your mate or whatever but i don't think anyones really in the position to be sayin' shit like that. your dues ain't paid yet so stop stirring shit and go out and paint. not starting beef but this shit is getting stupid.

right, it's summer, the weather is sick. time for beers and a wander down the tracks

now... POST SOME FUCKING FLICKS.

bang on... i'd also add what i said before about getting your sketches down before going out with paint. i've been writing 18 months and still don't consider myself good enough to do legals. people should have a more perfectionist attitude towards writing... aim for quality not quantity, derby needs more accomplished artists who'll give the scene some identity.

Some very good points made chaps. Surely it can't be long now until one of these young Derby cats does a piece somewhere that actually looks reasonably nice... I mean probability and all that - so keep trying, keep moving forward, think about letter structure, balance, angles, colours etc. Keep it simple until you can paint reasonably straight and neat lines.

Some simple advice I would give to those coming up at the moment, do your outlines and detail work in Belton (Molotow Premium) or Montana Alien if you can, they have lower pressure and are much easier to control than a lot of other paint, including Spanish Montana, which I only use for fills.

"i dont listen to drop outs ill do ia i want and for rules on graff there aint any graff can be what u make of it its art"

will someone please tell this youth he's a joke. no rules in graff, most retarded comment ever.

alright then what are the rules in graff?

too fuckin right.

Sire - you know my circumstances if it was possible for me to still write i would, but having respect off of toys and shit aint tickling my pickle.

I'll fuck off and leave you cunts to it.

Peace

Sins listen up now and listen good, 1. I aint a drop out I go to work and have done for the last 13 years and i own my own house etc, 2. I aint a 'youth' as you put it 3. I said 'unwritten rules' which anyone who knows anything about graff will agree there is such things, as there is in almost every popular culture, scene etc etc. So how exactly was my comment retarded. You know the trouble with the internet is it becomes a substitute for real life for little keyboard warriors and cyber wankers like yourself. Now drop this debate like a smoked blunt, cos im getting bored of trying to educate pork cos it cant be done!:shakehead: :D :D

I'LL ignore that comment kid and the ones you are making behind my back and thats because i know your back ground and circumstances. we leave it at that. and stop and search we need to have a chat m8 i think you getting your wires crossed or im missing some thing.

Well, all you toys, if you aint gonna paint, donn't bother postin! You just keep wastin space and makin the Derby scene look a joke!

I work long hours and still find time to paint at least once a week so ya aint got no excuse really, i know paint aint cheap, but i'm sure ya can save enuff for a can of chrome and some black! oh and i'd leave the HOF's for a very good while!

Learn the rules(which i aint gettin into here) and remember Respect is EARNED!

Props to all the true soldiers

Props to the TFD

Peace!

Archived