<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

hey you people just better deal with the help we give you, there is only so much we can do on a message board (if we were able to sit in front of the the computer/hardware we would be able to fix it (not to mention ) for a very hefty price) so if you do not get the help you require from us for free then fine dont ask the questions, also like i said before i am willing in some cases to do remote assistance to help you people.................. case closed

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i have a question guys. theres an open wifi close to my work, but i get a super weak signal. is there anything i can do or buy to pick it up better? like the equivalent of using a hanger for an antenna on your tv back in the day?

before answering this for you (is the internet blocked at work?)

ilboxes: it's happened to me, too. not sure why super dvd converter doesn't like some videos (it's rare, but it happens). so, you're trying to get an avi to convert to an mpeg for burning i take it?

this one works well

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/561936/8126364/

also, if you have an ati card, try this

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1281

mississippi_mud: ok, here's what you do. call sony tech support or email them. should be a form on that support page.tell them this : "i used nlite to make a smaller version of windows xp, excluding the services and applications that i do not use, after installing i discovered that my firewire hard drive no longer works. do you have a driver you can point me to so it will work again?"

they should answer you fairly quickly.

already tried that. (to miss mud)

oh and seffiks, when you say that other firewall is better than zone alarm, exactly how is it better? im gonna change from ZA, but would just like to hear why

comodo is better for free version firewalls ZA free is worse then windows xp SP2 firewall, firewall leak testing puts it over the top for being free, now ZA Pro is hard to beat that shit is locked down so if you got that keep it, or you can go to better ones like Jetico or Outpost if you know how the torrent world works (you will not find Jetico if you do its old, this is the best firewall on the market in my optition so if are are worried about security buy jetico

Actually I'll step you up one. I did live chat with them and made it as simple as "My computer crashed and I had to reinstall my windows, and my firewire has since stopped working. I was wondering if you could direct me towards a driver for my IEEE1394 port..."

Nothing.

email them. livechat is always some indian fucktard. (sorry indian fucktards, no offense).

outsourcing fucks everything up. say "firewire" to them.

jesus, i shaved my face and head today. same clipper blade. it feels fucked when i rub my face and then feel my head.