<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest R@ndomH3ro

Hey where did you go???

I only have a question, how come when I got to set up the Account LockOut Policies it doesnt give me the ability to modify it?

Sorry I had to run out for something

you should give me some more info but anyway here

lets see

For a local computer

1.Open Local Security Settings.

2.In the console tree, click Account Lockout Policy (console tree location is: Security Settings/Account Policies/Account Lockout Policy).

3.In the details pane, right-click the policy setting that you want, and then click Properties.

4.Select the options that you want, and then click OK.

you must be a member of the Administrators group on the local computer, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority If the computer is joined to a domain, members of the Domain Admins group might be able to perform this procedure. as a security best practice, consider using Run as to perform this

for a domain, and you are on a member server or a workstation that is joined to a domain

1.Open Microsoft Management Console (MMC).

2.On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in, and then click Add.

3.Click Group Policy Object Editor, and then click Add.

4.In Select Group Policy Object, click Browse.

5.In Browse for a Group Policy Object, select a Group Policy object in the appropriate domain, site, or organizational unit--or create a new one, click OK, and then click Finish.

6.Click Close, and then click OK.

6.In the console tree, click Account Lockout Policy (console tree location is: Group Policy Object [computer name] Policy/Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Account Policies/Account Lockout Policy).

7.In the details pane, right-click the policy setting that you want, and then click Properties.

8.If you are defining this policy setting for the first time, select the Define this policy setting check box.

9.Select the options that you want, and then click OK.

For a domain, and you are on a domain controller or on a workstation that has the Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack installed

1.Open Active Directory Users and Computers.

2.In the console tree, right-click the domain or organizational unit that you want to set Group Policy for.

3.Click Properties, and then click the Group Policy tab.

4.Click an entry in Group Policy Object Links to select an existing Group Policy object (GPO), and then click Edit. You can also click New to create a new GPO, and then click Edit.

5.n the console tree, click Account Lockout Policy (console tree location is: Group Policy Object [computer name] Policy/Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Account Policies/Account Lockout Policy).

6.In the details pane, right-click the policy setting that you want, and then click Properties.

7.If you are defining this policy setting for the first time, select the Define this policy setting check box.

8.Select the options that you want, and then click OK.

Windows email tricks and plugins

Do you have a favorite application, plugin, trick, or hack for bending Windows email to your will? Double-credit for Outlook add-ons that garden-variety users can install without fancy root-style access. Whence comes your magic Windows fu?

Windows email tricks and plugins

Do you have a favorite application, plugin, trick, or hack for bending Windows email to your will? Double-credit for Outlook add-ons that garden-variety users can install without fancy root-style access. Whence comes your magic Windows fu?

i pee on pop3.

i'm milking the cow of "dammit"

yesterday i sliced my finger open with a knife. today i had an emergency type situation

with a car and accidentaly slammed the same finger ina door. cracking the nail.

it's throbbing like a muffugga. bad days end slowest.

hahaha (best thing in this situation is laughter

super duper extra credit question of the day/month/year/millenium:

Brooke%20Burns.jpg

yuor favorite password site?

oh yeah....

listen up:

computer help/support thread

windows

linux

software

hardware

your mom