<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Alright.....tech gurus hear my cry!!!

>>>I need to put together this multimedia presentation for wednesday (this week)....my partners have sent me close to 16 .rar files via rapidshare....the problem is RapidShare keep fucking with me by resetting the clock --each time it gets to zero it resets and i cant download anthing :( :(.....i have tried clearing the cookies and restarting but rapidshare keeps bringing me to that page where is says i have to wait another 17-48 hours :(

.....plz help as i need to put this together by wed and im kinda flippin out....

thanks

M-I

Ok

So, I want to burn some DVD's. I have downloaded movies onto my computer and I want to burn them to a DVD disc. I have Nero and I selected DVD as the disc type up the top and click on Burn DVD - Video Files. Then I added the movie from my documents and it says "no compatible file found". what in the living fuck does that mean?

Also the file type of the movie I want to burn is "video clip" or "movie clip"

Guest spectr

ok so back to my laptop i still blame it on shai somehow i let him touch it for 5 minutes and it starts fucking up afterwords...

so yeah it will run just fine for a while then out of nowhere just switch to the black screen of doom with the no os found then reboot itself right back into windows, i am leaning towards a virus but i can't seem to find anything. it reminds me of the parity virus that i altered and put on my friends comp. Well i will check those options out in the morning but for tonight its back to video games and no sleep... i need beer to sleep but my girl won't let me drink she says i get drunk when i drink.....

well yeah what the fuck do you expect me to do....

and trust me i don't even drink that much anymore i wonder what she would have said if she meet me last summer..

Guest spectr

extension? avi mpeg4 etc etc etc? its most likely caused by you trying to burn something nero doesnt support. though i don't use nero or really burn cd's or dvd's that much and my knowledge of nero is a bit out of date.

File exentention (such as, .mp3, .jpeg .exe, .rar, .zip, etc.)....most of the time, the extention tells you what should be done with the file.

it's probably a .avi or .mpeg file. Beyond that, I honestly know next to nothing about DVD codecs...

Mostly, all I really wanted was to call bullshit on spectr for saying he doesn't drink much, for one reason and one reason only. Last Friday, he comes over to my house, and asks me if I want to drink...I say sure, and immediately regretted it when he told me, "Okay, one fifth of Jager it is, then." Thing is, he was serious....I know I could have done it, but wow, the pain of reentry would have been hellacious.

So, I stuck to beer, got my room clean, fixed up my HD, and didn't have to send the last two days bowing to the Porcelain Thundermug and cursing spectr...then again, you should also know that I curse you all the time...and, it worked!

You left something on my desk and it's safe. I'll leave it at that.

Okay, I'm honoring the holiday (casek+1/4 lb=vacation?) now. I may pop in here and there, but meh.

Go outside and ride your bike...you'll be glad you did.

Oh, hey, casek...or Ghost Of Casek. (Cough Cough)