<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

LENS passed out in my room last night with his shoes on...if he wasn't such a nice guy, (and I wasn't such a nice guy, incindentally) I might have been tempted to beer-elf him.

I'm finishing the beer from last night right now...and, it's not fucking killing the hangover. I might have to go to the store.

060721_sigma.jpg

In what's not being hailed as a revolutionary breakthrough, a Japanese company called Sigma A.P.O has developed a spill-resistant keyboard that's got holes drilled in it to let the coffee, beer, juice, etc. escape.

Now that's what you'd call a cunning plan! The other great thing about the WRKB108 is that the keys are coated with some special form of UV paint that makes them super strong, dirt repellent and, we hope, able to keep their identification. Unlike some keyboards we could mention. In fact, you can hit them 5 million times, claims Sigma, without wear and tear.

The keyboard is remarkably keyboard-sized and -shaped and weighs in at 650g. The WRKB108 will cost ¥2,980 when it goes on sale next week.

amd is buying ati for 5.5 billion.

dayumn

what???

As expected, Advanced Micro Devices' second-quarter results came in below the company's targets, as it bore the brunt of a price war.

AMD warned investors in June that it would fall short of its revenue targets, so Thursday's announcement of $1.22 billion in revenue was no surprise. Analysts polled by Thomson First Call had originally been expecting $1.3 billion in revenue, but revenue from desktop processors was lower than expected owing to deep price cuts on Intel's part in the desktop processor market, AMD executives said on a conference call.

Earnings also came in lower than expected. Net income was $89 million, or 18 cents a share. The Wall Street crowd was looking for 22 cents a share, and the after-hours traders punished AMD's stock, sending it down 74 cents, or 3.42 percent, in extended trading.

hmm they are sitting on alot of fucking money

mainter: i went out and got some thermal compound

this morning. it's made by "manhattan".

took my heatsink off, cleaned the heatsink surface and the processor,

applied small amount of compound, spread it out thoroughly.

all that jazz. you know the deal.

here's the thing, my temps are crappier with this stuff than they were

originally. what's the deal? i've never used this compound before,

i'm imagining it's bunk. what's your take on this stuff? ever used it?

i think i'm going to get some arctic silver tomorrow or monday.