I think Im as afraid of corporate america as I am the terrorists.

Guest Remy Martin

Guest Remy Martin

This fucking bank, who i used to work for, just told me my ss card and state id are not valid enough to cash my check drawn on their bank.

They now require two forms of picture id.

the fucking cunt told me to go get a passport.

fuck that.

never mind that when i worked for them, i was hired with my state id and ss card as valid indentification and was dealing with millions of dollars of other people money on a daily basis.

FUCK CORPORATE BANKS!!!!!!!!!

goddamnit im fucking pissed

for this post please relate stories of corporations abusing the rights of individuals.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

There are so many I don't even know where to start. But here are some interesting facts:

The company who first started mass producing the lightbulbs found that the ones they were makign were too good. They didn't break. If they don't break quickly no one buys more. So they spent tons of money on research to make us all have worse lightbulbs.

Ford did a similar thing with his Model Ts, they were built to good so he started making shitty cars.

In the 70s the turnover rate on cars was about 2 years. Sears started marketing an everlasting battery that was made to break down after about two years. It had a lifetime warrentee, but only for the ORIGINAL owner. So the majority of the time they never had to pay for it when their shitty car batteries broke down. At the same time other companies batteries lasted about 5 years.

Anyone who says capitalism is efficient is full of it.

AugustSpies refers to "planned obsolescence"... it's part of most things we buy...

2 forms of picture ID... that's pretty fuckin' tough, I for one wouldn't feel safe carrying my paspport along with everytime I went to the bank... in fact, I keep mine in a safedeposit box at the bank... how ironic would that be... 'no, we can't cash your check, and we can't let you into your safe box'

i think i may start banking with this ING direct company. i like the colour orange, and the guy on the commercials seems like a nice guy, plus its free. why do i have to pay some dumb asses to hold on to my money? maybe ill just keep it in a sock under my bed. fuck banks.

Originally posted by T.T Boy

i think i may start banking with this ING direct company. i like the colour orange, and the guy on the commercials seems like a nice guy, plus its free. why do i have to pay some dumb asses to hold on to my money? maybe ill just keep it in a sock under my bed. fuck banks.

try one of the more progressive credit unions first....

I'd have trouble going to a bank like ING cause if you got any problems the only way to solve them is on the comp, or by phone. and we all know what that can be like...I need at least one place I can go to and make a scene if they fuck up with my money....just incase.

Originally posted by ese

try one of the more progressive credit unions first....

I'd have trouble going to a bank like ING cause if you got any problems the only way to solve them is on the comp, or by phone. and we all know what that can be like...I need at least one place I can go to and make a scene if they fuck up with my money....just incase.

thats very true ese, i was kinda making a joke but kinda being serious at the same time.... also, they (ING) have bank machines here at a few locations, its not the same as a person, but at least its something, for a while they were offering american money at like 20% or some ridiculously low rate from the bank machines... i really should have jumped on that while i had the chance.

not only is it a part of everything we buy, its necessary for an overdevolped capitalist economy to function...

another thing I just read about was how Ford didn't recall some fucked p cars because they figured a recall would cost more than the lawsuits....straight out of fightclub (the book was "You are being lied to" for those interested)

Archived