Stencils

[mania]

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just a basic one I made today for my bombing run tonight, it turned out really nice actually. Just painted up a bunch in a row. Dawn of the Dead head.

DawnoftheDead.jpg

This is clearly not a stencil. It is only poor photoshop work at best. Let us know how your "bombing run" turned out.

This is clearly not a stencil. It is only poor photoshop work at best. Let us know how your "bombing run" turned out.

You print it out, and cut it out, it's a stencil. Just because I didn't freehand it doesn't mean it's not a stencil. I never said it was genius work, I did it quick because I wanted it for that night.

And the bombing run went nicely, I got some rooftop locales. My friend insisted on trying to tag everything I tagged, and writing his 'crew' name with every tag though, that part was kind of stupid. Thanks for the concern.

You print it out, and cut it out, it's a stencil. Just because I didn't freehand it doesn't mean it's not a stencil. I never said it was genius work, I did it quick because I wanted it for that night.

And the bombing run went nicely, I got some rooftop locales. My friend insisted on trying to tag everything I tagged, and writing his 'crew' name with every tag though, that part was kind of stupid. Thanks for the concern.

its not beacuse you used a computer, but you have tons of islands that you need to fix.

Oh, I thought it didn't really matter that much if it was done on computer or not (I read that Banksy uses computer assistance for his, but I guess I shouldn't follow what everyone else does, or is rumored to do) . It was my first time, so sorry about that. Anyways, when you say islands, I assume you mean the sections that aren't anchored to the remaining paper? I just cut those out completely, or didn't cut out the surrounding area, it probably doesn't look as good, but it was a quick fix.

Oh, I thought it didn't really matter that much if it was done on computer or not (I read that Banksy uses computer assistance for his, but I guess I shouldn't follow what everyone else does, or is rumored to do) . It was my first time, so sorry about that. Anyways, when you say islands, I assume you mean the sections that aren't anchored to the remaining paper? I just cut those out completely, or didn't cut out the surrounding area, it probably doesn't look as good, but it was a quick fix.

What I was trying to say was you dont cut stencils and have never bombed anything. You would post flix of a painted stencil if you did.

What I was trying to say was you dont cut stencils and have never bombed anything. You would post flix of a painted stencil if you did.

Oh, sorry, I'm poor and do not own a camera to take with me everywhere to take pictures of dumb shit like that stencil. If you really want to see, I'll try to get someone I know with a camera to come back with me. Until then, don't be a jackass and assume that just because I don't have 'flix' of it, that I didn't actually do it. I'll try to get a picture of the fucked up stencil, because I put it in my book right after, so I wouldn't get paint all over my bag, and it stuck to the cardboard back of my sketchpad. If that's proof enough for you.

Thank you for your time.

• 2 weeks later...