Chaos in Tejas

infect

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and why not move to dallas? you got all the cops and buffed walls, but without the humidity of Houston.

I'm assuming that you're joking... or I hope so at least. Cause I'll take humidity over some Nazi fashion gestapo anyday.:yuck:

dallas isn't dry, as far as alcohol, anyway.

My bad. I've only driven through Dallas a couple times. And one time I stopped right outside of Dallas at a gas station and when I asked "where's the beer?" they gave me a look like I had a helmet on and drool coming out my nose.

I just assumed it was the same county.

mmph, and to keep you updated, they ruled that the baggy pants shit wasn't legal, you can still show your boxers to everybody in dallas. ;)

also, i think it's very interesting that writers are threatened by the possibility of clothes regulations but aren't phased by the "go straight to jail for possession of any graff tool" bullshit...

on the real, though, dallas is okay. there's so many other cities due to the ridiculous sprawl that you can move around and make it. but i do agree that writing primarily downtown could be hazardous to your health: but i'd say that's true of Houston, too, you take chances e'rywhere. :)

also, i think it's very interesting that writers are threatened by the possibility of clothes regulations but aren't phased by the "go straight to jail for possession of any graff tool" bullshit... :)

Are you serious? Is that if you're caught using it, or in general? Like if you get stopped for speeding and have a can in your whip are they gonna charge you with it?

Are you serious? Is that if you're caught using it, or in general? Like if you get stopped for speeding and have a can in your whip are they gonna charge you with it?

i think it's like a clean glass pipe: depends on you and the cop. technically, if they search you, and they find it, quite possibly.

now you have to stash your paint, too, that's funny, i think.

the wording of the "ordinance", it's not a law since city council, not the state government, passed it, states that anyone in possession of a spray paint can, spray paint can tips, any marker of any sort, a stencil, etch cream, anything that the LEO (law enforcement officer) believes to me a "graffiti tool" at any time, day or night, can be arrested on the spot for a misdemeanor charge that reportedly will carry a $500 fine (i don't know for sure, but the idea i think being you won't serve jail time besides however long you wait in jail to pay bail/your fine, not like you'll be sentenced to months for it).

their excuse was that "there's no reason for you to be walking away from a highway or something in the middle of the night, so if they search you and you have said items, without being witnessed doing graffiti, you can go to jail".

my response to that would be that since when was the forementioned story not enough grounds to search you anyway and charge you with some crime, loitering, suspicion of criminal activity, etc., so why the need for the extra law?

admittedly, i don't know of anyone whose been arrested on it and i suspect no one will be, but it's done it's job, because deep ellum used to pretty well covered in graff and since they buffed everything recently and passed the ordinance, you see very little new work in that downtown area.

however, you still see good work in dallas, so that's enough for me, but i do think it's interesting the way such a plan was so effective in dallas and isn't in other places, but i think it's a temporary fix, and that within a few years dallas will have new sets of people wrecking like sekto, soler, rewd and others did in years past.

here's a news article about a dallas suburb also passing the ordinance (although they refer to it as a law in this article, so i may be wrong on that, law vs. ordinance) that talks about dallas already having passed it and "hoping to issue more citations for it":

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/denton/stories/DN-graffiti_11met.ART.North.Edition1.2bd66ce.html