Don't Call it Frisco

RevoL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by lovehurts+Feb 5 2006, 11:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lovehurts - Feb 5 2006, 11:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-GrafKix@Feb 6 2006, 09:31 AM

grindcore is the worst music on the face of the planet

westbay policy powerviolence'll break your fuckin head apart. grindcore mentality spreads to frisco when posers like you leaast expect it, ya heard?

[/b]

power violence? yes please! grindore is fucking awsome too....

Originally posted by crayone@Feb 6 2006, 02:07 PM

Know the Disease...

(Written in June, 2005) I believe that everyone has their own group/individual graffiti history. There isn't any one graffiti history, there's thousands, and perhaps hundreds of thousands (Zephyr & Dr.Revolt)of individual writers history or herstory. There seems to be no standard procedure for what we do, except to give each some space and respect. I love the wildness of it. The "you cant control this medium". I understand that graffiti's essence is the illegality and I highly respect the bombing aspect, but to dwell in one part of the artform (bombing) is to be part of the ignorance that seems to be a large part of the underground subculture that is thriving at least in the Bay Area and maybe the world.

their seems to be more of a bombing revival. That the old school writers in the Bay Area had failed to teach up and coming youngsters to the finer points of graffiti (Aerosol Art/SprayCan Art or Writing). Most kids don't know how to write large elaborate productions or the burners that requires hundreds or thousands or hours to perfect wildstyle burners (In my opinion, The end game). Some don't have the patenice or they quit after they get caught once or couple of times from trying to be a bad ass. Graffiti has a natural filtering process and it starts when you get to be an adult. You get bogged down with work, life, paying bills, and the whole structure of you being an artist is being thrown out the window because it is not in the best intestest of the Status quo (IE. having ghetto children or marginalized groups of working class children to be involved in the arts). So alot of people quit.

Some think that doing 1979 graffiti is cool, and I'm not gonna hate, I love that shit when it's done right (WITH STYLE). So do it! I love seeing that NY shit rock! But if you don't have the NY style and talk shit like you do, and maybe even rock a little originality along with the 1979 NY based style, Then stop acting like a little bitch! CAUSE YOU AINT SHIT! You act like the shit just because you know a little more about punk-rock graffiti then most people? Dont' make me laugh! THAT AINT SHIT! I WANT TO SEE FUCKEN SKILLS! And you will get my respect! Or this gets me... Having a crew and it's all white folks, or all blacks or all asians. What the fuck is this? Writing is supposed to be the great equalizer! For the people. Not to cause a fucken race riot. Dude, if you notice that your in a crew with a bunch of the same race, GET THE FUCK OUT! Somebody in your crew has ISSUES! Just because you know about a little graffiti history in your area and still rock a decent style, YOU AINT SHIT! Just because you have a hundred people in your crew and have like 10 people that know how to piece and like only have 2 of them that is good enough to battle, YO, YOUR WHOLE CREW AINT SHIT! Just because you rack and tell people that they should rock a stock tip to be fresh, YO, YOU AINT SHIT potna because to have rules and regulations that stagnate the individual art, That shit is some unspeakable acts or degrading you and your crew and it's self destructive. The penalty for that shit is that you should take yourself out of the writing game.

Their seems to be a an ignorance on the part of both parties. The bombers feel they don't get any respect from the piecers and vise versa, but hey, didn't I hear this old song from before? The concept is not new.

What does this have to do with anything? You came into my neighborhood and painted an advertisement over our local artists. I have to look at that ugly fucking character everyday. I'm really fucking happy for you that you got paid.

You say you were friends with Dream? Way to keep the Dream alive...