Don't Call it Frisco

RevoL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Graff is not about picturies on the internet, fuck. its about chance and observation. if you get to see it your lucky. and when your runnin your running not this fake internet runnin shit, posting your own flicks getting fame on the net. people like phunk are suckers wishing they had the balls to do this shit we do. despratly wishing to belong to a sub culture they admire but cought on to late in the game. now with this flicker shit and 12 oz it is an chance to lightweight be a part of the graff game and stay anonymous. that fool is outsider creating hundreds of files on writters all over the bay. The only reason he is making a book on graff is to gain notority and fame in a world which he will never really be a part of. There are good sides to all the documentatioin and bad sides, but this fool is getting out of hand. i wonder what he does for a living? where does he get all the time to flick shit out.... yup yup yup yup, i know he is not a cop. but im sure the police appreciate all the work he does for them. now you dont even need to leave your house to look at graff, just go online. great. that 2006 for you. whatever....

without people like phunk, this scene wouldn;t have the kind of credit and interest that keeps it alive....the "work" you do would not have meaning, recognition or even attention.

Why do you "get up" then? oh, right, you're a vandal who does it just for the thrill of destroying shit and wrecking shop huh? Then you should just go out and sling buckets of paint onto the street, bust out some stroefront wiondows, set fire to a library....that's some real vandalism, some real destruction. You mean to tell me you don't get off on it when someone flicks your fill ins and pieces?

You'rw not apart of some special subculture, you're not this mysterious outsider that stands alone from the rest opf society. To think you're someone different and unique because you go out and write on shit that does not belond to you is a complete and utter joke.

It's about six years too late for you to complain about people "outside" of the scene that are jockiong and explotiing a so-called movement. You're lucky people like Phunk even give a shit enough about graffiti to document it. Otherwise, your efforts would be like building a fucking sand castle that gets washed away at high tide every day. I bet you don't even have anything to fallback on other than your "graffiti" which is why you feel so threatened by people that take an interest in it.

Get a grip man. You're not apart of some secret club. You'd have tears running down your face if some hot shot from New York acknowledged you as some artistic genius and wanted to put you in a gallery and have rich ass people scooping up your gear for thousands of dollars. But naw, you're keeping it real right? i mean, shitting on the people that support what you do is the right thing to do in order to cop that all important street cred huh?

that's it, i'm done.

fuck all that flicker shit fuck phunk and jazz yuppie ass old white men trying despratly to be down with this culture they know nothing about , you punk ass fools willl never be apart of this. now i heard that that muthafucka is going to make a bood about grafitti, every body had got to make a book or a movie about graff, why cant people mind there own business and leave us alone, quit putting graff on blast, keep it like a secret. graff is the rawest form of self expresstion out there everything about it is a secret and it should stay that way. pritty soon there is going to be graff history books and classes about it and shit. fuck that. in a way the internet destroyed graff and blew it up. there is good things about internet graff to but over all it fucked it up. Flicker is just pain gay, yuppies on graff nuts, and it makes the vandel squads jobe easier, graff is supposed to be expendible, if you cetch somthing with your own eyes live it makes it more exciting knowing that you and only a few other people are going to see it before it gets buffed. basiclly all im saying is im not down with funk and jass and all you other flicker faggots if you like graff but dont do it just admire it from a far and keep a photo book for yourself dont try to get up in the mix and get famous of it when you dont really know shit about it. keep it like a secret.

there is no "culture" . its about getting up and doing it well.

all these unwritten rules are just unwritten rules. they are made up over time and stand for nothing. being in a stereotype isnt gonna make you a good artist. being an artist will make you a good artist.

this isnt aimed just at you but people need to realise this.

without people like phunk, this scene wouldn;t have the kind of credit and interest that keeps it alive....the "work" you do would not have meaning, recognition or even attention.

Why do you "get up" then? oh, right, you're a vandal who does it just for the thrill of destroying shit and wrecking shop huh? Then you should just go out and sling buckets of paint onto the street, bust out some stroefront wiondows, set fire to a library....that's some real vandalism, some real destruction. You mean to tell me you don't get off on it when someone flicks your fill ins and pieces?

You'rw not apart of some special subculture, you're not this mysterious outsider that stands alone from the rest opf society. To think you're someone different and unique because you go out and write on shit that does not belond to you is a complete and utter joke.

It's about six years too late for you to complain about people "outside" of the scene that are jockiong and explotiing a so-called movement. You're lucky people like Phunk even give a shit enough about graffiti to document it. Otherwise, your efforts would be like building a fucking sand castle that gets washed away at high tide every day. I bet you don't even have anything to fallback on other than your "graffiti" which is why you feel so threatened by people that take an interest in it.

Get a grip man. You're not apart of some secret club. You'd have tears running down your face if some hot shot from New York acknowledged you as some artistic genius and wanted to put you in a gallery and have rich ass people scooping up your gear for thousands of dollars. But naw, you're keeping it real right? i mean, shitting on the people that support what you do is the right thing to do in order to cop that all important street cred huh?

that's it, i'm done.

well said man..