I-SAW SAMPLE SALE

The Hipster

I-SAW SAMPLE SALE

Sunday 12th December 2004

11am - 6pm

I n the basement of Kung Fu Cuts

149 Brick Lane, E1

I-Saw Mens and Womenswear at discounted prices.....Also featuring the I-Saw Shoe Shine™

(while u wait) Trainers Customisation.

engraved.jpg

nike_throw.jpg

The fashion label I-SAW is a creative and eclectic coupling of

Barney Trattles (Fine Art/Graffiti) and Rachael Taylor (Fashion Design)

who produce mens and womens wear and has resulted

in a brand dedicated to individualism.

This is reflected in each aspect of their operations, from the name, to the product to the marketing. The name I-SAW is an exercise in wordplay; being both a reference to the word eyesore

(commonly used in a negative dismissal of Graffiti) and an exclamation of

something that made a visual impact.

In addition to which they see the "I" as representing; ideas, inspiration,

innovation, individuality and the "saw" as the tool/ cutting edge

http://www.i-saw.co.uk

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

(some background info)

Rachael Taylor and

Barney Trattles,

Fashion designers

Rachael has a public relations background;

Barney adores graffiti art and sculpture.

Together, they are one of London’s most

innovative design collaborations. . .

They joined forces more than a year ago to launch the I-SAW label, which has "evolved from last year’s one-off experiments to this year’s designed and made, more fully developed and considerably more practical collections".

"We’ve both had a lifelong love affair with clothes and underground style and a die-hard pledge to be original at all costs," Rachael says.

With their label falling "somewhere between street and couture" the duo are focused on being stocked by a small number of select retailers. Rachael says, "What we see as beneficial is building on-going symbiotic relationships which showcase and support the story and ideas of the brand identity."

Their ethos of idea-driven innovation has also dictated Barney and Rachael’s approach to seasons. Instead of being strictly seasonal, the collections are released on a "rolling" long and short order basis which allows ideas to be developed to their full potential. Currently on offer is the "Was-I" range, which can be worn back-to-front, giving each piece versatility.

I-SAW is stocked by Old Street boutique Wink and Clerkenwell’s North 2 and will soon be available at Minky in Brighton and Soho’s Bond International.

I-Saw_Profile_winners.jpg

I-Saw3.jpg

I-SAW Graffiti patch - Hide your labels

If you've got something you like wearing, but don't want to show the logo, get yourself an I-SAW graffiti patch. Rachael Taylor and Barney Trattles, aka I-SAW, are passionate perpetrators of graffiti-inspired designs and they've just unleashed 2000 graf patches into the world. Not only do the patches promote a better understanding and appreciation of graffiti, but they're also a good way of claiming back your clothes from brands. There are 1000 of each design based on graffiti Throw Ups - a term for a quickly executed letter or symbol which appears in an unexpected place. You can either sew the patches on, or if you're a bit lazy, opt for a couple of safety pins. For maximum effect, I-SAW encourage us to adopt the appropriate Throw Up attitude and stick the patches in surprising places.

I-SAW graffiti patches are available from Minky, 32 Sydney Street, Brighton BN1 4EP, tel: 01273 604490 and Bond International, 10 Newburgh Street, London, W1F 7RZ, tel: 020 7437 0079. Priced £5.

For further info email iamisaw@hotmail.com.

N0002745.jpg

Guest imported_sofarok

‘Barney’ was behind the counter at glories a new swank shoe boutique off brick lane the other day so I assume that’s part of there lil’ empire to, the store had some nice kicks but as is the case with most of these spots the majority of there inventory could be purchased off ebay for half the price…very nice space tho….

a good way of claiming back your clothes from brands
, 04:11 PM]

I-SAW SAMPLE SALE

a brand dedicated to individualism.

So I'm going to take back my clothing from brands... by slapping another brand name over it?

It is extremely fucked up when clothing companies start creating their brands by decrying lifestyle marketing.

Archived