So i bought a camera today...

japillahan

..at the thrift store. it says automatic 100 and it was made my polaroid and it's a land camera but that's all I can tell you so far. a few questions...

1)where can i get film for this thing and what type?

2)is there any place I can find an instruction manual for it?

3)where/how do i develop it?

your help is greatly appreciated, so thank you.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by japillahan@Nov 19 2004, 01:49 AM

this rage(the one with the arabic sig i am thinking)

Good memory.

Hey, about the camera..

First off it's a Polaroid Land Camera Model 100.

One of the first Polaroid "Fold Out" Land cameras to be produced.

Many more models came after this one.

You're in luck, they still make film for it! It's decently priced at about .80 - .90 cents a photo. The film is Peel Apart Pack Film.

The size of the film is 3.25" x 4.25".

Brands you can look for are:

-= Fujifilm F-100C (Color film at ISO-100)

-= Polaroid 669 (Color film at ISO-80)

-= Polaroid 667 (B&W film at ISO-3000)

-= Polaroid 664 (B&W film at ISO-100)

They can come in packs of 10 or twin packs of 10.

You should be able to get film for it at any local Photo shop. I doubt any pharmacy or Mart chains will carry the film though.

You may need a battery, becuase most used cameras have dead or no batteries.

Check the door on the back left of the camera, open it. If there is a 4.5v long battery and it's not coroded (sp?) then you should be fine.

If not get a battery here

Manuals are hard to come buy, if it wasn't with the camera you might no find one..

There's a lot of info here:

http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landfaq.htm#packfilm

More info from the web:

ALL Folding Pack Cameras (original style) have the following features in common:

-= Pull-out front standard with scissor strut design

-= Removable hinged plastic cover protects entire front of camera when camera is not in use.

-= Unit focus; focus is controlled by pushing on either side of a sliding arm located near the base of the bellows struts.

-= Shutter must be manually cocked; shutter release is on top of camera body.

-= Has PC socket for flash (Model 360 excepted); flashgun is clipped to the top of the camera.

Model 100 ("Automatic 100"):

Produced: 1963-1966 / Original Retail: $164.95

Estimated Production: Pattern Not Completely Determined (over 1,200,000)

-= Lens: 114mm f/8.8 3-element glass

-= Shutter: Electronic; 10 seconds - 1/1200

-= Separate window view/rangefinder assembly (has a hinged base-- flips up for use and is held in place with a magnetic catch-- folds down for storage and fits inside the camera's plastic cover)

-= Viewfinder has projected framelines and automatic parallax compensation.

-= Aperture-priority automatic exposure only

-= Has settings for film speeds of 75, 150, 300, and 3000 ASA.

-= Has "scene selector" switch which gives choice of two different aperture settings for each film speed setting; lens can be used at full aperture with 3000 ASA film.

-= Has exposure compensation dial with range of -1/+2 stops ("Lighten/Darken" control).

-= Has metal body and metal shutter/lens housing; has tripod socket

-= Leather carrying strap

wow. that was awesome information, everythig i needed to know. than ks alot. i am thinking i have to get it checked out by someone in real life cause thee are a few little things that dont look right. This camera also doesnt have a cover so the lens is always exposed, but i dont plan on carrying it anywhere just yet. maybe i can buy one? i dont know if they sell it we'll see. this is, of course, once i get paid which isnt yet. but anyways thanks for the help and info, i'll post some pictures once/if i get it working well.

well for one i did have to ditch the battery since it was corroding and i think that in the battery holder part there was some sort of foam holder-in-placer that was stuck to the battery. i put on some gloves to pull the battery off the little connectors cause i diddnt want battery discharge on my hands if the battery was,in fact, in that bad of sahpe(i remember getting some on my hands as a kid. very bad).

theres a little lever connected to the viewfinder that travels with the little scene setting sliding bar, but only one way(close picture to far picture, portait-landscape) and not back. i dont know if it's supposed to be like this(no manual) but even if it's not it leads me to the next one.

when i do manage to get the little bar to slide along with the scene selector and i look into the viewfinder(everything is a bit fuzzy except for a little crooked square that's not, im thinking that maybe the rectangular lens is loose because i see a little edge at the top.), nothing focuses. but after re-reading that sentence i realised that was stupid and looked into the "focus" hole again. when i look into the hole i have the little bar set to landscape(with a little dude on it) and everything's unfocused. when i move the scene selector it still dosen't focus i just get a double-image of the fuzziness...

well i guess that's all that looks wrong to me...im thinking that i'll get this doodad checked out on wednesday. thanks again for taking your time to help me with this...

p.s. it was $19.96

Archived