MSK FLICKS

dr. frink one

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
uhmm not to diss, but this was real strong crew once apon a time...... like a lot of real west coast writers were all about it... ..

how bout some flicks of the real la members instead of random fools jockin and recycling after the fact?

haze/fate/chico/bruin/bus/kick/buds/havok/crisis ......etc.... gk.old saber....... krush awr shit and that late 90's tyke shit once he got letters down.. that shit was hard.

now its kinda like some bad b movie or somethin.... real fancy, but no heart. dont get sad. everyone i mentioned agrees i'm sure.

post some krull, dude was on some next shit once apon a time.... it just seems wack that the people that really founded the crew and got it its reputation and fame get no play these days and a bunch of randoms that jocked their way in are who it is related to these days when i read a magazine or a book or look at this shit.

golden west boxcars didnt lie. neither did real flicks in the mailbox. just an observation, take it for whatever you want. that fancy shit aint ever gonna mean nothing in graffiti.

He's an emotional man. Time moves on, but he wants the movement to really have meaning like it did back then. Back when writers weren't embarrassed to paint something bad or basic like no one will judge the artist as hard as they get judged nowadays. Too much judgment. Everyone's gotta come off better than the last piece or they get laughed at. If you look at Varsity's posting history, you'll find he does this pulling cards thing that can get really annoying. No flicks, just harsh criticism that appears to be a lot of hot air. He sounds like a burnout using his library time to let 120z "know whats up". But I see his point, part of it, not all MSK heads were about touring the world with Scion and Sparks paying the ticket, right? There is something to be mentioned about the absence of some honestly drunk freights. All that "fancy shit" is really good painting but it gets dull. Oh! Look! Another piece thats tight as fuck! Wow that one really caught me off guard... I dunno, Varsity annoys a lot of people I'm sure, but his criticism worked. All those old flicks are awesome. Bump KRUSH new and old, shit is fuckin ill. I'd really like to see some old FATE. Dude liked to take risks with his shit and thats what painting is all about.

There is something to be mentioned about the absence of some honestly drunk freights. All that "fancy shit" is really good painting but it gets dull. Oh! Look! Another piece thats tight as fuck! Wow that one really caught me off guard... I dunno, Varsity annoys a lot of people I'm sure, but his criticism worked.

Are people actually giving MSK shit for being too good? People here will bitch about anything.

***BUMP***

Back in the day the GRAFF scene being underground was the heat. Our own covert community outside of everyday life in a way.

MSK is doing great and BIG things now a days. It is great to see how graff writers can excel and do these NEW things. Expand into so many mediums go so many place and gettin $$$PAID$$$ to boot! I have seen REVOK, SABER, REYES, SEVER progressed/come up from what they were doing int he ealy-late 90s. These dudes are paving a way for alot of other graff writers toay & in the future. It aint selling out its stepping it up and getting sum!

Yo big up MSK dudes, stay crushin and makin $$$enzos$$$!

He's an emotional man. Time moves on, but he wants the movement to really have meaning like it did back then. Back when writers weren't embarrassed to paint something bad or basic like no one will judge the artist as hard as they get judged nowadays. Too much judgment. Everyone's gotta come off better than the last piece or they get laughed at. If you look at Varsity's posting history, you'll find he does this pulling cards thing that can get really annoying. No flicks, just harsh criticism that appears to be a lot of hot air. He sounds like a burnout using his library time to let 120z "know whats up". But I see his point, part of it, not all MSK heads were about touring the world with Scion and Sparks paying the ticket, right? There is something to be mentioned about the absence of some honestly drunk freights. All that "fancy shit" is really good painting but it gets dull. Oh! Look! Another piece thats tight as fuck! Wow that one really caught me off guard... I dunno, Varsity annoys a lot of people I'm sure, but his criticism worked. All those old flicks are awesome. Bump KRUSH new and old, shit is fuckin ill. I'd really like to see some old FATE. Dude liked to take risks with his shit and thats what painting is all about.

Fuck it these guys are getting old and need to pay some bills...And they've paid street dues and still are. Plus at most of these Scion/Sparks events they are still bombing the streets of the cities these events are in. I think MSK will be around a long long while no matter what the haters say. Cheers guys, come back South some time.:D :D :D

way to post a bunch of flicks from people who arent on msk

a bunch? only 4 pictures including this one....detr and augor are not msk no shit faggot, but they are tsl and a part of the family so shut the fuck up punk :D :D :D :D :D :D

augoryellow.jpg

So me and my boys are skating shoreview skatepark in san mateo,CA like we so often do. and then hellaaa out of the cuts a tmobile sidekick car pulls up to the parking lot...so we start joking like ahhaa they're gonna hook it up with free sidekicks blah blah. So the car stops...chick gets out and pulls out a big ass box. So we're like oh shit maybe they are gonna hand shit out. Beazie unpacks a giant like 4 foot wide 5 foot tall allwhite plastic sidekick. We're all like wtf is that shit for....so then two dudes get come over and one starts spray painting it and the other starts brushing on a skull. So i think to myself oh its some art thing...so im like chill..i'll skate around and see wut they're up to when they lay down some outlines or sumthin....so 10 minutes goes by and i roll up to take a peak at it. I see the dudes got a AWR outilne going..so i'm like oh shit no wayyy... I ask the dude if hes in awr and turns out dude is NORM. So yeaaa basically met him talked a bit..hellaa chill dude. So yeaaa i took some flicks etc..got him to hit my board up..and thats about it..pretty chill day. Hella randoommm tho how they rolled up to a random ass skatepark so far from the city but w.e.

0810071920anp4.jpg

0810071920buj2.jpg

0810071920cwc0.jpg

Random dude with Norm

0810071920sr9.jpg

dsc02159qy2.jpg

Heres a random ass MSK 07 scratch in the bathroom of the movie theater in San Mateo.

securedownload9no8.jpg

Also if you guys haven't got this book yet...go out and get it!!!!! hellaaaaa sick ass book...hellaa good read and the preorders come signed by saber.

dsc02160wj2.jpg

dsc02161va1.jpg

Archived