The Advice Thread...

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by StarzAbove

those arent pieces there throwies

um,maybe thats why i said "heres a throw up" and "another"...i just wanted some feed back,not smart ass remarks the first one was a "simple piece" based off my throw up letters:rolleyes: if you want to be critical its "they're" and not "there"..i can be a smartass too..... yeah i like that C much better I'm working on some new ones,thanks Enter..

Originally posted by not_like_you

um,maybe thats why i said "heres a throw up" and "another"...i just wanted some feed back,not smart ass remarks the first one was a "simple piece" based off my throw up letters:rolleyes: if you want to be critical its "they're" and not "there"..i can be a smartass too..... yeah i like that C much better I'm working on some new ones,thanks Enter..

:rolleyes: :lick:

I'm also not feelin the sperm tails lol... but the name isn't too great. Unless your a girl, then kewt can be ok. But kewt (cute) just sounds really bad lol. Don't take it personally or anythin though, just my opinion.

But ya letters aren't too bad or anyhtin, i say just take off some of those extra extensions like the one on the bottom left of the W and the sperm things or whatever... and jsut keep workin at ya letter structure and style and yall get better. Practice makes perfect... or at least closer to it.

Looking for criticism.

OK, so after about 8 months of whack pseudo-wildstyles (unfortunately, I was trying to do the complicated stuff the day I started) I've gone back and tried starting from scratch and drawing simples.

It took me a few weeks to adjust to simple letters, but I think I'm starting to get it. These sketches were done in the past three days (posted in the order I did them) and I'm looking for a little constructive crit.

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00401408f00000005.jpg'>

Some of the stuff on the other side bled through. Personally, I think the A and the N could use work. I guess it's kinda hard to see the A and the T (sorry bout that).

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00401408f00000006.jpg'>

Couple of ballpoint things. I did the top one first, then re-did it with some adjustments that I think make it look a little less whack.

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00401408f00000007.jpg'>

I guess the L could be bigger and the N needs to be fixed.

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00401408f00000008.jpg'>

I did this today. Sorry about the bleeding, lack of color, etc. I was just working on the letters and trying to get them to flow (a concept which I'm still not sure whether I understand or not). I actually like most of it, but I think the way the A is slanted kinda blows it.

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00401408f00000004.jpg'>

It's got a few ink spots on it (which is kind of weird, considering I wasn't using ink). I haven't had a whole lot of time to think about it, but I think I should have moved the T a little closer and spaced the LON a little farther apart. The letters aren't very interesting, either, but I guess that'll come eventually.

Anyways, that's my sketches and what I think of them. Do I have any clue what I'm talking about? Anyone got any suggestions for me?

Any comments appreciated, thanks.

really feelin the T on the pink and yellow one... that one is my favorite, until the wack N lol, but even you said ya screwed up so yea. The newer ones you did today are weird because the bars of the letters aren't paralell and get messed up. It's like the others you do have differen shapes overlapping and the outline of it all makes each letter... which is how it should be. The newer ones you lose the shape and structure on some... especially ya N where the bottom right is weird and pointy, i dunno. But cool stuff, unique sorta. I'm feelin em. You jstu gotta keep workin at it or whatever cuz you seem to have it down and know what to do so keep practicin... can't give ya much better advice (and i dont think im too good myself so what advice can i really give...).

I'd say take the T on the pink and yellow won and do more shit with that feel cuz it looks ill.

edit* also so you said you arne't sure how to make letters flow. Only thingni can say that i think could help is take your one letter you like and make it influence all your other letters. It's like if you look at someones hand writing... all their letters flow because they are all being written with a similar style that is unqiue to that persons hand writing. If you take a letter from eveyone different writing, it'd look akward. So jsut take characteristics of a letter you like and do the same fo r ya others. But really... you have that... ya letters flow nicely jsut gotta work on em more to get em better and better. personally i dont like ya N's at all. Ya T's are hot and ya O's and A's are ok too, though some aren't my fav, some are. Ya L's are kinda wack sometimes too, but those are jsut my personal opinions on ya different letters.

anywayz hope in some way i MAYBE helped but if not oh well, i tried lol.

thanks

OK, thanks for the feedback. I can see what you're saying, and I'm pretty sure it's gonna help (especially what you said about making it flow, it's a whole lot simpler to understand now that I know what I'm looking for). I'll keep all that in mind on the next few things I do and see how they turn out.

do block letters and try to keep it all straight and parallel all in one line... ,,, just straight block letters. try to make them flow together and work on those then after you get that down do a bit more curvy type letters and go from there.... sketch the same shit over and over again. then start drawing sentences.. sketch for like 2 hrs straight... just think of it as killing time... its boring at first to do simples but it can get kinda fun./... its what i do , so im telling you the method i use to practice... hopefully most heads would agree thats the best and fastest way of improving...... oh yeah ... PEN ONLY! never pencil...

systm

oooh god. block letters is about the last thing I wanted to hear :(

I'm not sure if that's enough to keep me goin. THanks for sayin that though. Maybe I'll give it a try after I've had some time to think about it.

Thanks for your feedback too, onesecond

Originally posted by Talon

oooh god. block letters is about the last thing I wanted to hear :(

I'm not sure if that's enough to keep me goin. THanks for sayin that though. Maybe I'll give it a try after I've had some time to think about it.

Thanks for your feedback too, onesecond

you dont needa do block letters, you seem to be flowing ok in way of progress, you are stayin basically simple, which is good, just dont go crazy, and try and stick to letter structure, how they look, and such like that, there are some places around to find structure of letters.

albino, no offense man but you shouldnt be giving advice.

Talon, don't worry... don't bother with block letters. You seem to have it down on how letter structure is and all. Serisoully, block letters are too simple for where you are at. You are on the right track... just keep practicin your letters and in the places that are off on ya sketches, fix em. Try new things and learn more with your own practice on what you can and can't do with letters cuz some things you can change and have the structure stay, some things are too much and kills the sturcutre of the letter. Find the boundries and keep ya own flow that you have for each letter.

Serisouly ya fine man... just practice... bout all i can say.

aright, well, thanks for the comments, everyone. I think I have a pretty good understanding of what I'm doing now, and the feedback was a big confidence booster. I will continue to practice hard, and maybe I'll post some updates in a few months.

peace

• 3 weeks later...

Archived