good hiphop to download?

alure

Originally posted by DREDZ

Oh my God. A girl who up on real hip hop. I don't think I've ever heard a female spit co-flow lyrics. Alure will you marry me?

Anyway, check out some of these when you get the time:

Kanye West- "Through the Wire"

Mr Lif-(basically anything by this brotha is gonna be fresh, at least I think so)

Ultramagnetic Mc's- "Critical Beatdown"(this is Kool Keith at his freshest, before he got all weird).

Aesop Rock- "Music for Earthworms","Appleseed"

Typical Cats

The Juggaknots- "Clear Blue Skies" re-release

Cannibal Ox

MHZ(megahertz crew): RJD2, Camu Tao, Copywrite, Tage Prototype, Jakki da Motamouth

Weightless crew (specifically: Blueprint, and Illogic)

Edan-"Archtecture", "Primitive Plus"

MF Doom

Stones Throw Records:Lootpack/ Madlib/ Quasimoto/ Peanut Butter Wolf, etc.....

Mystic

Psalm One(I don't know if you'll be able to find anything on her to download. But she's definitely one of the freshest emcees in Chicago right now).

i cant' remember anymore

good list bro.......but I must add some shit to this....

Old Peanut Butter Wolf and Charizma(Rip)...Charizma was waaay ahead of his time before his time got cut short.....check the re-release of "Devotion"

Raised By Suess-early basement shit from S.J.

anything by Godfather Don and Percee-P

All Natural and old Gravity joints

old E.C. Illa

Checkmark

Scientifik(rip).....check "Lawtown"

Grand Daddy I.U.-"We Got Tha Gats"....the beat is filthy

Melo-E-"Pins and Needles"

some old Diamond Shell

yo,Dredz........Cosmo Galactus and Outerlimitz are coming up..

Yak Ballz

MF Grimm-"Scars and Memories"

East Flatbush Project-"Tried By 12"

L.P.S.D.-"Back At Ya"

Mad Skillz-"Ghostwriter"(live version)....with the names

Diamond D-"Sally Got A One Track Mind"/"Check 1,2"

Lord Finesse/Big L-"Yes You May"(remix)

the whole INI album

Rob O-"The Life I live"-99 version(ini)

Busdriver-"Drive Safe"

Gangstarr-"Doe In Advance"-'95

anything by Akbar

that's enough for now.peace.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha, OC fell the hell off! it saddens me to say it, because word life and jewelz were amazing albums, but he tried to ride the mid 90s pop wave, and it didnt work. he had a verse or 2 on that new DJ JS1 cd, i think its called ground original.

i didnt have time to read all the posts, so some of these have probably been mentioned already...sorry.

fat joe-jealous ones envy (ive been playing this again lately, i slept when it came out)

ALLLL of Big Ls shit

prophetix

little brother (im not into it, but most everyone else is... kinda like old tribe/native tounges stuff

beatnuts (every album but the last 2)

show & AG

organized konfusion (of course!)

older BCC stuff (OGC, heltah skeltah, etc...)

shapeshifters

mobb deep (juvenile hell, infamous, and hell on earth are all sick)

smoothe the hustlah

percee p (wow...just...wow)

littles (he will be huge soon, im sure of it)

busdriver

OMD

cella dwellas were kinda dope for a while

the first Goodie Mob was grand

heiro

SICK MEDICKS -i love those guys, and they are dope.

the Ill Bill Is The Future cd is ill

Juggaknots

tage proto (from MHZ, but he slays the rest of his crew, in my opinion)

kool g rap

extended f@mm

dear god the list goes on and on and on.....

plus there are all the grimey NY mixtape dudes, they have been kicking ass lately... Joe Buddens, Littles, Grafh, Saigon (dude is dope, dont sleep), Lloyd Banks (im real tired of this g unit shit, though), etc etc....

if you can stand a little bit of less underground, more mainstream stuff, the diplomats album is sick (especially if you wanna hear 15 beats straight outta emotional, uplifting scenes from 80s movies). blueprint and blueprint 2 are good. cunninglynguists ride the fence between mainstream and underground and sound fucking great doing it.

my overall vote for most impressive (relative) newcomer is Kanye West. dude is soooooo ill, it pains me. Home, Through The Wire, Girls, its all sick. plus he has the beats on lock.

go kanye, go!

i just saw someone on here say they like tames solo more than the artifacts shit. thats nuts. rock and a hard place is in my top 10 ever. and tames solo is kinda weak. too many drugs, not enough good concepts. its weird seeing someone go from rocking with redman to rocking with cage and copywrite. it seems to be a step in the wrong direction to me.

dont get me wrong rock in a hard place was dope but i really never felt el da sensi i always liked tame one better untill i saw him live and he was so druged up it made the whole show corny, but his new shit is sounding pretty good but that is my opinion and i never said it was urs and joe buddons sucks dick conry as hell but again thats just my opinion

aseop and slug r dead they both have skillz even though aseop thinks hes in cypress hill or somethin.......haha but serious man fuck everything blowin up shits lame as fuck but whatever cant stop it just hate on the retarded mother fuckers who jump on the train....o and i punch cunts ill go with ya

Archived