Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
effyoo

Do you like Dali?

Recommended Posts

Guest BROWNer

ignore>

 

since you asked, no. persistence of time is

a piece of crap. i also have a large dislike of most of his

fans, simply becuz it seems to me that he is put on this

pedestal becuz he's 'weird'...weird does not mean good..

it might make it a bit more interesting, but its not a bar

to judge the calibre of work. he paints well..but..

i do like some of his early stuff before he decided

to become mr. flopply clocks.

blehg.

 

ps-that site took way took long to load on my

shitball 56k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest imported_Tesseract

Listen to BROWNer cause he speaks the truth.

 

if i have to say something...umm he's better than Giger

 

:spent:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my favorite thing dali did (i can't remember what it was called) was the photo of him where everything in the shot was off the ground (him, a table, a cat etc.). i thought that was dope, and really got your head working

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah his stuff wears a bit thin. hes got a technique i would kill for though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If all you've seen is melting watches, then you don't know Dali. Read more, there's lots of good Dali books where they include the less well-known stuff. I also recommend "The Secret Life of Salvador Dali", which has some fucked up stories in it, and paints a rich portrait of the man, although it looks to me like there's some embellishment here and there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest --zeSto--

I ate crazy acid at the Dali museam.

That was a great bit of fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Tesseract

if i have to say something...umm he's better than Giger

 

 

Hahahahaha, I thought that was pretty funny...

 

Both Dali and Giger were artists I was obsessed with back in high school, and after absorbing everything about them, and learning about hundreds of more interesting artist, I don't really care much about em anymore. People are dazzled by his (Dali) technique, and the fact that he was a complete nutjob. There is no question he was a very skilled and historically important artist, but being a huge fan of Dali is like the first trend to be picked up by beginner artfags. Next comes Picasso and Monet, then Pollock. Whatever, I dig Dali (and the other artists mentioned), I'd just like to see people look towards the dozens of other dope artists out there. Beer,

 

El Mamerro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest beardo
Originally posted by El Mamerro

 

Both Dali and Giger were artists I was obsessed with back in high school, and after absorbing everything about them, and learning about hundreds of more interesting artist, I don't really care much about em anymore. People are dazzled by his (Dali) technique, and the fact that he was a complete nutjob. There is no question he was a very skilled and historically important artist, but being a huge fan of Dali is like the first trend to be picked up by beginner artfags. Next comes Picasso and Monet, then Pollock. Whatever, I dig Dali (and the other artists mentioned), I'd just like to see people look towards the dozens of other dope artists out there.

 

never been obsessed with either, but on the whole this gets a big fat

 

ding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest --zeSto--

good point mams!

 

I think that most people go though a Dali Phase.

It's somewhere near the Doors, Insence and Mushrooms-as-decor phase.

 

I remeber going to this girls house last year and she had a few dali posters up.

That's when I knew that she was only going to be good for one thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest --zeSto--

and what the hell beardo ?

 

are you deleting an old post for evey new post you make?

how long to you plan on hovering at 4999 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by --zeSto--

That's when I knew that she was only going to be good for one thing...TAKE DRUGS AND TWIRL MY MOUSTACHE USING EARWAX AND FRESH BOOGERS

 

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×