Claude Monet

Guest SPFlatty

Guest SPFlatty

...i used to always question whether he was a great artist or if serendipity just found him. his style abstracted the way we saw nature, and his technique was ever changing. but his paintings never really have stood out to me. i was looking at some of his water lilly paintings from his years at givery and found them to be lackluster. but then, i came across some paintings he had done of his japanese footbridge at giverny and for the first time saw the geniuss and talent he possessed. the color combinations the elegance of brush stroke, the sheer size of the canvas and time it must have entailed. his ideas were and theories of art have always interested me. he believed that one scene had to be repainted many times to capture the true reality of the landscape. he actually pained haystacks which was new to me, some in the afternoon, some in the evening, and others in snow and rain. beauty? that's up to the eye of the beholder...

The real question for you all is what "famous" artists who have passed do you feel were truly inspirational to you or that you find amazing? maybe someone like degas, renoir, or even michaelangelo? and what are your feelings about monet's work? debate away....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

monet's vision was so bad that if u looked at his pictures from far away they looked great from far away and you could totally tell what they were. then you got close and youd go, "WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?!?!?!?!!?" nigga was blind.

Archived