Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pennant and Peacock Blue are probably two of the hardest to find colors. I have seen at least one of each. Peacock though I have not seen in a 5 ball design. Also still wondering if there is a Crystal Clear Notch Top, I have never seen one of them, and wondering if they were ever made. Pretty much at this point I think most, to all of the krylon colors have been found. Though there is some older obscure ones that I have never seen or heard of existing in a collection. For example there is the old early 60's farm and implement colors with a farmer on the label. Also some of the non-paint krylon spray cans like Lady Lavender. You also hade the 66 and 68 mini cans. Some are out ther, but I have not seen all the colors. The 66 krylon borden script cans are hard to find. They carry the old color names from the pre 5 ball design, and were only out for a short period of time. Find the ones like Champion Blue(metallic blue) Fire Red, Oyster White, Black Lacquer, John Deere Case Green. I also believe there was a Flat OD Khaki and a Glossy OD Khaki. You always see the flat and never the gloss. You also have some rare pre 5 ball colors like Chocolate Brown, Slate Grey, Monarch blue which I have never seen.

What is "Borden script" cans exactly?

Good cans Vintage give us some more the topic is too quiet!

Imported i really like to read your infos, good news some cans are still to be found, it's getting harder every day but yo, that's why we love digging, running after those damn cans...

They are somewhere, sleeping behind a door or in a basement...

Never ending story? Or is someone close to have all the cans known to have been produced? Someone has a precise list from the US Organism that give the authorizations to sell a product?(i don't know how it's called in USA)

Do Krylon help y'all in your digging? Have they ever open their doors to one of y'all? Their archives? Their unsold stock?

unforgettable006-1.jpg

These 5 ball metal flakes are pretty rare too. I got a luminous lime gold that was under the updated gold paper label of lemans lime gold. Thats the ones with the race cars on them. You would be suprised how many times you can take off paper labels and there is older cans under them of the same color. I think Joewelcome has a nice rusto that was under something else...maybe if he is nice he will post a pic of it.

These 5 ball metal flakes are pretty rare too. I got a luminous lime gold that was under the updated gold paper label of lemans lime gold. Thats the ones with the race cars on them. You would be suprised how many times you can take off paper labels and there is older cans under them of the same color. I think Joewelcome has a nice rusto that was under something else...maybe if he is nice he will post a pic of it.

Joewelcome HAD a nice can that was an 1983 Rusto can, misprinted UPSIDE DOWN, which had then been coated with this thin gray layer of printing ink, and then wrapped in a paper label. But what sometimes happens is that cleaning takes off more than you want it to. So it goes...

Nice cans, something about cans that were just imported over one of the US' borders, then rewrapped is always fun. Tabac Blond sounds much nicer than Spanish Brown to boot!

Pennant/Peacock... let's see some closeups. No more cockteasing!

i might be interested in the Tabac Blonde, and the spray cleaner is a Borden product, mid-late 60s (have to go back to the books to double check when that line was new)...

i'm pretty sure it came out before 1970 and was made into the 70s in that black can style. the french paper label is an older style (like early Borden era) but it's inaccurate to date the paper label, especially if the black can is underneath.

Archived