Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks.

i have seen old leaded car paint and industrial paint but never used them.

yellows like harvest gold, topaz and the like are relatively opaque because they use iron oxide based pigments, which give a brownish or orangish tint to the paint. then you have pastel yellows like summer squash that use titanium dioxide to light to tone and in doing so gives greater opacity. the problem with yellows is in the pure tones. its interesting that you've used lead based yellows and were dissappointed. maybe those pigments aren't as great as all the opinion says they are. the best solution is probably just to use as much pigment as possible, which seems to be the montana approach.

you wiz kids have any dirt on these?

C7vj5_paint.jpg

scooped em up at an estate sale the other day.

all i could find was a little scrap of info on the McMurtry, which came from a plant in denver which i only found dates for between 1910 - 1930. but i dont think spray paint even goes back that far.

inquiring beards want to know.

* i also got a john deere green utilac, obviously not pictured.

Not necessarily looking to part with these but I do have an extra or so and am wondering what value they hold.

Rusto Carnival Red

Krylon Glowing Green

Dap Spray N Go Gloss Hot Pink, Aqua Turqoise

Krylon Brass

Ace Appliance Epoxy Finish Avocado

Rusto Brick Red

Rusto buff paint, 1996, quart cans of Avocado

DSC06864.jpg

DSC06861.jpg

Diggin' in the french only 60's to late 90's exporter's old stock...

I also had the Bonfire and a few other colors, with a New printed on the top...

I'm getting a full, brand-new early 90's display, but unfortanetely it's cans are empty, but new...maybe they got too many cans stole back then, they were far-sighted. I'll post the picture.

DSC06864.jpg

DSC06861.jpg

Diggin' in the french only 60's to late 90's exporter's old stock...

I also had the Bonfire and a few other colors, with a New printed on the top...

I'm getting a full, brand-new early 90's display, but unfortanetely it's cans are empty, but new...maybe they got too many cans stole back then, they were far-sighted. I'll post the picture.

Awesome, not too long ago a minature krylon key chain with french writing sold on ebay for a good buck. It was the old 60's style pre 5 ball can. Forget where it ended up. On a side note I seen that clock before and came real close to picking it up...but I passed. Good shit none the less, always interested in older exported american spray paint cans.

yo slyle ive seen one of those galvanizing rusto cans some crazy cans out there not seen much, ive got one of those kyrlon cycle chain gear lube cans too with the dirt bike on it had it for a while i have just never taken a pic of it, what i am waiting to see pop up is a paper label krylon school bus yellow with a pic of a school bus on it, i saw one in denver in 99 or 2000 at a hip hop shop downtown but he wouldnt sell it. you willing to sell or trade that rusto face in the top left corner of that rack??? h2 red or something like that? i have an h5 black.

Archived