TUPAC APPRECIATION THREAD

SCAGNETTI

Guest Canadiano

thank you, marlboro, well said. That goes for not just the tupac haters, but haters of all "ghetto" music that is stereotyped to be a certain type of bullshit.

sorry - not feeling to 'eloquent' today.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHEN WE RIDE ON OUR ENEMIES REMIX:

I HEARD THE FUGEES, WAS TRYIN A DO ME...

LOOK BITCH, I'LL CUT YA FACE

THIS AINT NO MUTHAFUCKIN MOVIE

THEN...

WE WATCH THE OTHER TWO DIE SLOW

CASTRATED, ENTERTAININ' AT MY MUTHAFUCKIN SIDESHOW

I'LL MURDA YOU, THEN I RUN A TRAIN ON MOBB DEEP

DON'T FUCK WITH ME

NIGGA YOU BARELY LIVIN'

DON'T YOU GOT SICKLE-CELL

SEE ME AND HAVE A SEIZURE ON STAGE

YOU AINT FEELIN' WELL, HELLLLLLLLL

HOW MANY NIGGAS WANNA GET INVOLVED?

SEE, I WAS ONLY TALKIN TO BIGGIE

BUT I'LL KILL ALL A Y'ALL

THEN BALL...

Guest postaholic
Originally posted by uncle-boy

I think tupac made some pretty mean music.

but the thing i dont agree with is how after his death, people start making him out to be some type of role model who led a good life. he was just a stupid fucking rapper who preached negative ideals. and now people like his mom, go out and have shindiggs in communities talking about what a great person he is, like he's some good example for kids to follow. that' so moronic, yes tell the kids to go out and "gang-bang" fuck bitches, do drugs, all the typical gangsta gangsta shit.

aaahh...whatever.;)

man, nobody is a role model. that shit is just something people say, if you are in the eye of somebody else, and they are feelin' whatever tha fuck youre doing, you are all of a sudden a role model.

2pac is a good role model, and he didnt choose to be but it happened that way. look at his life man, its not that hard to see, he was a kid from tha ghetto who came out and rised above all that shit, and made more money than you will in your entire lifetime of prolly 2 of his cd's, and had the time of his life doing that.

im not going to even bother commenting on the last two lines of stupid rambling you mumbled out in the bottom of your reply, that shit is straight up retarded, and also drawn to conclusion from your own retarded intuitions.

telling people a story about your life, and what you see on the regular isnt preaching to go 'gang bang' fuck bitches, and drink liquor. there is a big difference.

ps- put down your 44oz of haterade, and let tha man live! :king:

marlboro...

lennon and pac. are two of the most loved musicians/singers(whatever u wana call them).they both died and they both kept it real far beyond the average entertainer.people felt what the had to say.they were both real.its not about the image.i mean come on lennon and his wife stood naked proudly on the front of one of his cd's.thats it rite there.them saying to the world.this is me..this is who i am.take it or leave it.they both in a way portraid the "this is me, like it or hate it, but this is who i am, i dont give a fuck whether u hate me or not".maybe im going into something before theroughly(sp?) examining it, but when i saw the name jon lennon i thought it would be a good example to compare the two.they are different in many ways but the underlined concept should be they kept it real.

PRECISELY... BOTH TRIED TO USE THEIR MUSIC AS A VEHICLE TOWARD SOMETHING GREATER... BOTH WERE IMPERFECT AND ACKNOWLEDGED IT... BOTH WERE PROLIFIC MUSICAL GENIUSES... BOTH CAME FROM VERY HUMBLE BACKGROUNDS AND TRIED TO MAKE THE MOST OF THEMSELVES... BOTH TAKEN BEFORE THEIR TIMES... BOTH MULTI-TALENTED TO A MIND-BOGGLING LEVEL... BOTH FRIGHTENED THE GOVERNMENT... THEY JUST DID IT IN DIFFERENT WAYS...

INSANE, I LOVE THEM BOTH

Guest uncle-boy

i'm not saying that tupac didnt lead and extrordinary life, or that he doesnt deserve some respect for what he has done. i didnt say he was trying to be a role model. i said i like some of his stuff.

the comments about him being made out to be some type of person to look up to, were not meant to be blamed on him. i'm saying after his death, other people put him up on some pedistal as a some wonderful person. i never said tupac was the one doing it.

calm down

Re: 2PAC FOREVER!!!

Originally posted by postaholic

i think that alot of people dont give rap a chance. let me explain. music first and for most is an expression of someone who decided to share their creation with the world. music is Entertainment, period.

that being said, people take music to serious, and blow it up to something that is way bigger than what it is, entertainment. now some take music more seriously, like myself, so i consider it an outlet, and i can calm down, and things like that when i play certain tracks and so on.

now with rap, i think alot of people get caught up in tha image of these rappers, the slang, the silly shit about rap. yes it is a factor, and a big one at that, but if you over see the person who is laying down the lyrics, (meaning, overlook what race the person is) and fucking LISTEN to the lyrics, no matter what race/ethnicity or whatever you are, you will be able to relate in some form or fashion to what tha mutha fucker is trying to say. i mean, you go through life to right? you see the good/bad things in this world as well right?

im very open minded to alot of things, i listen to everything, however my favorite material is hiphop/rap/r&b/blues/jazz and so on...

but if im rolling with someone i dont know and their music tastes differ from mine, i dont want them to throw on some shit i KNOW they dont like just to please me, i want to hear what they are into, cuz just cuz i dont have that cd, i might be feeling the band/group or whatever...

now back to tha subject at hand, TUPAC was one of the illest rappers to ever touch a mic. this guy, even though half you smucks think he was nothing but a fake ass thug or what have you, he was real as they come. so smart, and creative, and full of potential. he has kicked out like 10 albums over his career and continues dropping albums due to massive recording collections that were recovered from his studios. if you dont feel tupac, you must be dead. i gurantee you if you go back and listen to some of his cd's, and forget the thug image, and what race he is, and LISTEN to his lyrics, you'll be able to relate in more ways then one. believe that.

#1 TUPAC FAN UP IN THIS BITCH!!! FOREVER PAC!! :king:

x-raided would own his ass. if he was alive. then after he killed tha shit outta him hed shoot his ass for being fake. no1 likes a fake gangsta.

Guest Ted Wakowski

I never really liked anything by this cat. When I heard his shit, most of it just sounded like some thugged out rapper with a grudge against the world spitting over generic party beats and playing "rebel" for the camera.

His lyric-play was kinda nice, but I think his image had more impact than his music.

Guest postaholic
Originally posted by MARLBORO RED

AND I TOO HAVE CRIED WHEN LISTENING TO 'PAC

:lol: some songs you could cry to if you listen well enough:

-dear mama

-changes********* this one especially, if you and your peoples full of different races...

as for other 2pac tracks i love:

-ballad of a dead soulja

-until the end of time

-aint easy bein' me

-FUCK ALL YALL

-me against tha world

-fucking with tha wrong n*gga

-words to my first born

-happy home

-r u still down?

-picture me rollin'

-holla when you see me

-GOOD LIFE

-hold on be strong

-im losin it

-nothing to lose

-do for love

-baby dont cry

-the good die young

-tear drops and closed caskets

-so many tears

-how do you want it

-life goes on

-only fear of death

-i aint mad at cha

-all eye on me**

-ratha be your n*gga

-can u get away

Guest Canadiano

They'll never take me alive

i'm gettin' high with my four-five

Cocked on these suckas

Time ta die

Even as a youngster

causin' ruckus on tha back of the bus

i was a fool all through high school

kickin' up dust

but now i'm labeled as a trouble maker

who can you blame ?

smokin' weed helped me take away the pain

so i'm hopeless

rollin' down the freeway swervin'

don't worry

i'm about to crash up on the curb cause my visions blurry

maybe if they tried to understand me

what should i do ?

i had to feed my fuckin' family

what else could i do

but be a thug

out slangin' with the homies

fuck hangin' with them phonies in the club

got my mind on danger

never been a stranger ta homicide

my cities full of gang bangers and drive bys

why do we die at an early age

he was so young

but still a victom of the 12 guage

my memories of a corpse

mind full of sick thoughts

and i ain't goin back to court

so fuck what you thought

im drinkin' hennessey

runnin from my enemies

will i live to be 23

there's so much pain

- pain from above the rim

Originally posted by Ted Wakowski

I never really liked anything by this cat. When I heard his shit, most of it just sounded like some thugged out rapper with a grudge against the world spitting over generic party beats and playing "rebel" for the camera.

His lyric-play was kinda nice, but I think his image had more impact than his music.

Listen to either changes or dear mamma and say that, these songs or neither about being a thug or getting jiggy, these songs express how much of a person tupac was, beyond a image..

Guest Canadiano

Ted Wakowski has been lost for a while now, I think. I feel sorry for you and your really closed mind. Do me a favour and get robbed by a nigger 'cuz you were acting scared, ok?

Guest postaholic

did yall know the meaning behind his THUG LIFE tattoo?

THUG LIFE: Tupac got this tattoo is 1992. It stands for:

'The Hate U Give Little Infants, Fuck Everybody'.

....The I is replaced by a bullet

bet ya didnt!

Originally posted by ArtvandaL

yeah he did get raped in jail

and he only had one ball,

what kind of a man was that?

he didnt even write his own lyrics, he was just the unquestionable image

like eminem

maybe you dont know what your talking about,obviously you dont,i stopped reading at this cuz it angered me.He never was raped in jail,he had both balls,he wrote his own shit.step off.he answered back about beeing raped in jail,and having only one ball ."say they shot me in my nuts,outta luck quick,bullshit nigga cuz im still fuckin your bitch".You take 5 shots and live,thats a man.it took 7 shots to kill him,thats a man.

Much love to Pac..

I think it definately takes another level of appreciation to understand and accept Tupac's music.

There's SO MUCH GANGSTER BULLSHIT MUSIC out, but when you heard Tu Pac, studyed him, learned about him, you could seperate reality, from the fake "thugs"...

Fake= Beverly Hill bitches talking about gats and thugged out situations

But somehow, you could tell Tupac knew what he was talking about. He spoke from experience, trails and tribulations, vs. the fags now a days who only dream about getting shot at just so they could be called a "THUG" and go on and rap about it.. thats when gay shit comes into play. I'm not all up on Xhibit really, but from what it seems like is that he's trying to hard to look hardcore... and he's borderline okay emcee - wack fairy tale i wish I was a thug emcee. I've even heard about (don't this this against me, i'm not sure if my sources stand correct), but, didn't he want Cartoon to tat him up some gang shit, and Cartoon refused him and said he wasen't a gangster so he didn't deserve that tat? :: shrugs ::

But Tupac is the only one who can pull off that tattoo on his stomach without me dissing..

Tupac... was a good song maker. I woulden't say he was an ill emcee, but I look at him more as an ill raw poet... his life and himself as a person is interesting and "REAL" enough to "gain respect" for who he was, and what he did.

Bob Marley motherfuckers.

Guest Ted Wakowski
Ted Wakowski has been lost for a while now, I think. I feel sorry for you and your really closed mind.

Yo, that's kinda true. After ranting on about stupid shit on here, like that female-appreciation shit, I can step back and see a lot of the slanted views I've had based on what other cats have had to say in response. Although most of the shit I've written on here has been the result of a drunken stupor.

Originally posted by ETHREADZNY

Listen to either changes or dear mamma and say that, these songs or neither about being a thug or getting jiggy, these songs express how much of a person tupac was, beyond a image..

What was up with him? One minute that cat was on some compassionate, change-the-world shit and the next he was all about violence and womanizing. Maybe I didn't hear enough of his shit to understand.

you are intitled to your opinion. I have to admit that a small fraction of his shit was about being jiggy, but tupac did regain himself with making classics... a good portion of his music really made you think, and all I can say is that not one rapper since that made it so big, has been able to make me call my mother at 3:00 in the morning and tell her I love her..

Originally posted by Ted Wakowski

What was up with him? One minute that cat was on some compassionate, change-the-world shit and the next he was all about violence and womanizing. Maybe I didn't hear enough of his shit to understand.

that was what people thought to be self-destructive of tupac.it was allways tupac the thug v.s. tupac the revolutionary. i think it started as tupac the revolutionary(son of a panther).he even went as far as starting a new panther party which would be a second(3rd?) generation of panthers.they were commited to being less violence more verbal agression.basically broken down it would be more peaceful, none of the robbing banks, murder, etc. he had the suport of his mother(a well respected panther) as well as other first(2nd?) generation panthers.to make a long story short tupacs new panther party never fully accomplished their goals.this was tupacs revolutionary stage. when his mom's crack habit went out of hand he moved into an abandoned apartment with some of his friends.he dropped out of school.he started slangin.he did what he had to do in order to survive.this is where the thug life aspect comes into play.so here it was tupac the thug vs tupac the revolutionary.it was of course hard to handlle.he felt they were both things he had to put into his music.this is what made him sound so hypocritical.its self destructive.i dont know how to put it.but even though the two very different topics may be expressed in the same time period, think about it as topics from two different time periods.maybe even two different people.damn sorry for the long post.

Originally posted by ETHREADZNY

nobody, dont apologize for a long post like that... you know your stuff... you hit it exactly on the nose...

thanks.im just trying to educate and open the minds of those who are caught up on tupacs whole image.i admit i never liked tupac before he died.i never really listened to him until a few years ago.i wasnt too intrigued by his whole gangster image and i wish someone would have broken down my stereotipical mind frame.im still learning about tupac by reading books on the man.im no tupac genius but i try to spread what i learn about him.i just hope i dont get shut out for trying to spread knowledge.if i was reading what i am writing rite now i probably wouldnt even give my post a chance.i wouldnt find it worth reading because i was caught up on his gangster image.so i just hope that people read with an open mind.thank you for your time

Guest ArtvandaL

damn Marlboro Red is gangsa, he scares me through the internet, I picture a guy with gold teeth and a rolex sitting on an office chair and typing about the suposedely-dead tupac.

Originally posted by ArtvandaL

damn Marlboro Red is gangsa, he scares me through the internet, I picture a guy with gold teeth and a rolex sitting on an office chair and typing about the suposedely-dead tupac.

what makes you think tupac is still alive?just curious

Guest ArtvandaL

the main reason i think hes not dead is the 1000's of songs "left behind", and I saw him last year in chicago a white castles, I told him "hey, your tupac right?" and hes like, "yeah litlle man, keep it low" so I said, "shit why you tellin the world your dead?"

ahh fuck, sorry yall fo the diss

REST IN PEACE TUPAC, you inspired more than you could imagine,

and fuck marlboro reds for being cowboy killers, hail newports, king of squares

Archived