Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

you gonna be here for a while?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by TEARZ, Oct 20, 2001.

1. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

i'm here. for a while i think. drinking a red stripe. who else is with me? i'm gonna be here for a couple of hours. it's friday night. ain't nothin to do... don't be shy now.

2. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

this is like a whos awake in here in hiding. ill be here allllllll night. experiment underway.

"seeing the music"

3. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

I'm drinking cough syrup and beer.

Not at the same time, mind you.

Led Zeppelin rock n' roll.

4. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

ok. the game's underway. we have identified the first round of participants. right now i'm listening to this old school mixtape that i made back when i first started playing around with turntables. it's funny. most of my mixes are so bad it's painful, but there have been like two or three things that were accidentally really fresh.
    i watched that john leguizamo movie freak today. i was incredibly impressed. it really was remarkable. anybody seen it??

5. Boring Bastard

Boring Bastard Elite Member

Two replies:

Red Stripe is some damn good beer!!

and

Thanks for the Leguizamo review.... I have wanted to watch that forever!

6. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

By this time, the hallucinations were becoming more and more intense. The 'pattern' was everywhere I looked, overtaking my normal vision, distorting everything beyond recognition. I fell into a deep state of understanding, like I now knew what the psychedelic experience was about, and that I would be changed by it forever. I had abandoned any sense of verbal concept - my wish to conceptualise/verbalise had disappeared earlier on in the trip, following the suggestion of a friend that there should be no talking for a period in the trip. I felt like I understood some Ultimate Truth, the truth at the head of all other truths, from which everything else is stemmed. My thoughts at the time were, 'This must be God, in the form of the Holy Spirit, what else could it be?' And this, I think, was the crucial point in the trip: the realisation that if 'God' could be bought in the form of a drug, how could 'God' exist in any external form? My belief in God was shattered! I didn’t feel bad about it, I felt like I truly understood the foundations of theology and religion. I had experienced what Saint John had experienced in the Book of Revelation, but he had been unable to interpret it correctly...an experience which was completely mind-blowing.

7. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

this isn't exactly working out as i planned.

8. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

im here but its not even 11 yet...

9. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

what are you doing bum? how's life?

10. beardo

beardo Guest

one of the last times i did any hallucinagens myself and a few friends spent waaaaaaay to long getting a pile of movies to watch. got back to the apartment and ended up talking for the next 7 hours. we finally popped in 'the truman show' at like 6am when we were completely down. fond memories of that night indeed.

11. dr. frink one

dr. frink one Elite Member

yea i'm here....have some shit to do early, so i didn't think it was worth going out....my painting date cancelled....
    fuck flakey people
    and cold nights

12. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

like many before me, i seem to be getting drunk and hanging out on this shit for my weekend activity. which is cool, but i haven't drank in so so long. which is fine... it just feels weird. i'm off the red stripe and onto the amstel light. and now i remember why i don't drink. because i really don't stop. and now the decision to be drunk has been made.

"once i get started i don't want to stop."

ironically i turn it up my liver i burn it up.

beardo. i think i'm overcoming my shame enough to send you th essay. just remind me. as long as you're willing to accept that the second part is largely a bunch of academic shit and not really my opinion i think i can handle it.

13. beardo

beardo Guest

yeah dude, i wanna see it

14. SIELOETTE

SIELOETTE Senior Member

i wish i had a painting date

but im sure they would cancell on me as well..yup..ever since I left high school and became a working night owl..for some reason the days of the week are nonexsistant..I even had to ask what today was..no concept of time..i wake up..take a quick shower..jump on the bus..then another bus..then sit and label things..not bad..I get drawing time in as well..and then..around one..my boss takes off..and i sit around..or sometimes eat alot of candy (mostly lemon heads)and watch some movies..and its not like my boss is a hard ass either..he left way early tonight to go "drinkin with the buddies" ..go for it duuude...my coworker soon to be is a writer as well.from oakland...so its about to get.."interesting" i can see the chase stories while the way the early mornings..

untill then..i will work by myself into the morning..then..leave work..as people are getting to their offices..and Ill watch the sunrise..and look at all the fresh tags,that might have not been there when i was arriving to work..then i will notice how my recents are already buffed..in a span of 10 hours after my shift..shake my head..smile..draw pictures of meloncholy girls on a slow ass buss...in the fast lane.while wanna be thug lifes peer over my shoulder..smelling like swisher..

but for now..i think i will play some issac hayes and think of someone special...

"that must be deep"

15. beardo

beardo Guest

that was the best post in a long time siloe