Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

UFC 46: SUPER NATURAL..

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by aP@C, Jan 31, 2004.

1. aP@C

aP@C Junior Member

http://www.ufc.tv/assets/indexImages/fullSize/ufc46.jpg'>
    UFC 46 Weigh-in
    Couture vs. Belfort: The Rematch! TONIGHT! on Pay-per-View!
    Randy Couture 204 vs. Vitor Belfort 205
    For the light heavyweight champins (205-pound limit).
    Matt Hughes 170 vs. BJ Penn 169
    For the welterweight championship held by Hughes (170-pound limit)
    Matt Serra 154 1/2 vs. Jeff Courran 154
    Frank Mir 249 vs. Wes Sims 238
    Carlos Newton* 175 vs. Renato Verissimo 174
    *Canadian Newton had transportation problems that impacted his training schedule and resulted in him not losing the final pounds. Both camps agreed to be over the 170-pound welterweight limit.
    Karo Parisyan 169 vs. Georges St. Pierre 167 ?
    Lee Murray 182 1/2vs. Jorge Rivera 185
    Hermes Franca 155 vs. Josh Thomson 155

live in 2 hours on pay per view (29.95)..
    anybody else gonna check this shit out??

2. Don't Panic

Don't Panic Member

Not tonight, but I'll definitely be checking the couture/ belfort fight.

3. Kes_One_HTFD

Kes_One_HTFD Member

yea i am, im also goin to brazil in october, our jiu jitsu school is goin to go train with holker gracie at his place. and royce is comin up to our place sometime this summer.. im hopin belfort takes it, cause it would be nice to see him fight silva in some sort of pride/UFC double title type match. wanderlei is trainin hard too, so his next fight is gonna be a piece of cake for him... anybody else here train mma? i do brazilian jiu jitsu, muay thai, and i box..

4. aP@C

aP@C Junior Member

Couture is 40 fuckin years old kickin all these young guys asses..
    you can get bios and other info here..
    www.ufcfightnews.com

5. Kes_One_HTFD

Kes_One_HTFD Member

yea, hes diesel as fuck, yuo seen wanderlei lately? hes fuckin huge, looks like a monster, hes been trainin real hard for his fight with Ikushi Minowa at pride bushido 2. thats gonna be a sick fight..

heres a link

Wanderlei Silva Training At Chute Box

6. aP@C

aP@C Junior Member

Wanderlei is a fuckin beast.. thats definitely gonna be a fight to check out..and a trip to Brazil, huh.. that should be good times..

*spelling

7. gfreshsushi

gfreshsushi Senior Member

wickedfuck, dude. boxing is so roman it's unreal.

why fight without a reason?

and no, a paycheck does not qualify for an answer. neither does getting "the belt" or whatever.

8. Kes_One_HTFD

Kes_One_HTFD Member

i was in awe when i saw BJ PENN choke out matt hughes, weird... and when carlos newton got murdered by verrisimo, i expected a better fight from ronin than what he put up. The belfort vs cotoure was just real fucked up, shit happens, he got his eye cut after the glove grazed it from the hook, it shuold have been no contest, not a win, even tho vitor deserved it, shuold not have been a win, the re match will be great. and tito vs liddel at ufc 47, thats gonna be a sick ass fight.. hopefully they wont fuck up on 47 and not show the prelims, i dont know if anyone on 12oz is into mma, but i just thought i would post this...

9. aP@C

aP@C Junior Member

the impression i get from the UFC fighters is that they consider it a sport and do it for much the same reasons as someone participating in baseball, motocross, etc.. they found somethin that they like doin and are "wickedfuckin" good at it..

UPDATE..
    Randy Couture 204 vs. Vitor Belfort 205>>Belfort (Couture got his eye cut in the first exchange and had to stop..fuckin sucks that he lost the belt this way)
    Matt Hughes 170 vs. BJ Penn 169>>Penn (by submission..i couldnt believe this one)
    Frank Mir 249 vs. Wes Sims 238>>MIR (by ko..good fight)
    Carlos Newton* 175 vs. Renato Verissimo 174 >>Verissimo (judges decision..he dominated the whole fight)
    Karo Parisyan 169 vs. Georges St. Pierre 167>>St. Pierre
    Lee Murray 182 1/2vs. Jorge Rivera 185 >>Murray (by submission)

10. aP@C

aP@C Junior Member

beat me to it..i couldnt believe that PENN shit neither..in the interview Hughes was talkin how it would be an embarassment to lose to him and it would never happen.. i guess i should have seen it comin..47 is gonna rock.. the Tito fight should be good..
    im into boxing more but enjoy watching UFC fights..

11. Kes_One_HTFD

Kes_One_HTFD Member

yo apoc, hit me on the im

12. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

missed it damnn no1 told me:(