Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

On The Spot Fines UK

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by droptheknife, Nov 4, 2004.

1. droptheknife

droptheknife Member

Where I work we got some e-mail through about these new on the spot fines for small things like first time shoplifters, underage drinking and more importantly MINOR CRIMINAL DAMAGE. When i read this I remember seeing something on TV about new laws that allow police to hand out £80 on the spot fines for graffiti (and other small offences). Does anyone from the UK have any idea if it means that if you get caught bombing the most you can get is an £80 fine? Or is it just going to be another thing on top of getting raided and taken to court? Please help me out because if it will be limited to a £80 fine and thats it I will be most pleased. But on the other hand its just another thing on top of what you already get then its a cunt.

2. imported_b0b

imported_b0b Guest

I think it will work mainly if you get caught by normal police (not BTP) just doing a little street tag or the like. I am pistive BTP will still do what they do and if you get caught doing a fill-in that isn't minor so I doubt that is covered by this.

3. BARRY CLAVA

BARRY CLAVA Member

i think it is up to the officer at the time, for example if hes having a quiet nite he might take you in and put you through the system, but if it was kicking out time on a friday you would probably get an on the spot fine. Theyve been talking about this for a while, its never worked in my favour though. Just luck of the draw i suppose.

4. phels

phels Junior Member

£80 would be alot nicer than going court. then again
    if you had previous they would probably just arrest you anyway.
    i'll remember to suggest it next time a copper gets fresh

5. droptheknife

droptheknife Member

Once again a legal grey area. I just want it be like Barcelona for fucks sake. Is that too much to ask!
    ;)

6. sneak

sneak Guest

in reality i can see it working, if you get caught for little pen bombs or something but if your caught street bombing with paint and vengenance, your probly likely to be seeing the inside of a cell for a bit