On The Spot Fines UK

droptheknife

Where I work we got some e-mail through about these new on the spot fines for small things like first time shoplifters, underage drinking and more importantly MINOR CRIMINAL DAMAGE. When i read this I remember seeing something on TV about new laws that allow police to hand out £80 on the spot fines for graffiti (and other small offences). Does anyone from the UK have any idea if it means that if you get caught bombing the most you can get is an £80 fine? Or is it just going to be another thing on top of getting raided and taken to court? Please help me out because if it will be limited to a £80 fine and thats it I will be most pleased. But on the other hand its just another thing on top of what you already get then its a cunt.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_b0b

I think it will work mainly if you get caught by normal police (not BTP) just doing a little street tag or the like. I am pistive BTP will still do what they do and if you get caught doing a fill-in that isn't minor so I doubt that is covered by this.

i think it is up to the officer at the time, for example if hes having a quiet nite he might take you in and put you through the system, but if it was kicking out time on a friday you would probably get an on the spot fine. Theyve been talking about this for a while, its never worked in my favour though. Just luck of the draw i suppose.

in reality i can see it working, if you get caught for little pen bombs or something but if your caught street bombing with paint and vengenance, your probly likely to be seeing the inside of a cell for a bit

Archived