NTT japan

AREANKAY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've heard this called a Personal Area Network.

Hmm....

Anyways...

It's coming.

Glasses that beam images to your retina, phones that vibrate the bones in your inner ear, etc. etc.

Human/computer interfaces are becoming more and more umm... personal. Don't be surpised to see cyborgs in the near future. With enhanced senses, infrared vision, UV, weak electromagnetic filed detection, microwaves, etc. etc. etc.

off topic but i hate ntt. they have a monopoly on home telephone lines in japan. they charge around $700 to have your own line and charge you out the ass on long distance calls. i really miss all the free calls i got in the US when i changed my phone company every 6 months. then these fools are so backwards that they had only offered isdn while everywhere else in the world had fiber optics and they were charging a monthly fee plus by the minute for the isdn. then they came out with adsl and again wanted a monopoly on these lines as well but luckily they are only guaranteed monopoly rights to the phone lines so when 3rd parties offered fiber optics they were pissed and left in the dust as i sit on my high speed connection and they are sitting with high speed thumb up their asses.

Are you kidding me? I was just listening to analysts complain on the radio the other day how Japan is so far ahead of us in telecommunications (and we see evidence of this every day)... their connections are faster and cheaper than in the US.

Maybe it just seems more expensive to you because it's pretty expensive in general in Japan.

Archived