Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

now im not mr.technology (part II)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by mr.yuck, Jul 28, 2003.

1. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

okay so i have these devices that look like tall speakers that are made by gate way that share cable access via a router. It says that i am supposed to install the program needed from a cd and i need Netscape 6.0 or higher to make this all work. I have all that and i installed everything according to the directions but it still wont work. No kind of error message, it just doesnt work. Does anybody have any clue what i might be doing wrong or if this shit even works in the first place. You're help would be greatly appreciated.

2. $360

$360 Elite Member

sorry, cant help. ask seeking, hes really good at that kind of stuff.

3. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

restart your computer
    call technical support

4. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

Seeking sir, your brain power is requested in the technological boob's thread. Thank you.

5. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

Im not OG computer whiz, Im actually so bad with them that I have gotten good fumbling around trying to fix things I broke....that said what is the actual name of the speakers and the nature of what they do - are they a router themselves or do they operate independantly as a way to play computer/online music in high quality speakers?

I might not be able to help but Im at least curious

6. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

Okay they are not actually speakers they are just shaped like them. tall skinny rectangles. They are meant to transfer the endless possibilities of a cable modem to more than one computer. Sharing cable modem through use of a router. There is like this little box that the cable hooks into and then there are ports in the back of it for these sharing devices. Well i got all this hooked up and im still not getting any cable modem access to my computer up stairs. I'm not sure if i maybe have to delete the shit i have for my 56 dial up but that doesnt make sense to me either. If this sheds any light on anything, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Let's think outside the box on this one.

7. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

well one thing you need to concider is that (there is probably a way around this if so) you might need your cable company to take some sort of action before this will work.

8. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

netwoking is hard 2 do u have 2 connect the routers 2 both comps then configure both comps my boy did it 4 me but i dunno how 2 do that!

9. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

Well they shouldn't have to be involved inthis. Cuz the cable modem works down stairs, it's just the fact that when i want to tap into it from up stairs the system doesn't work.

okay heres how it works.

you have your cable line and it plugs into the cable modem box.

The cable modem plugs into the Intel Wireless Gateway Unit

the tall speaker unit thing is supposed to conect you to the Intel Wireless gateway box with out physically being connected to the cable modem. You are supposed to be able to share the cable modem connection with up to 4 different computers.

Fuck Technology

this is how this project is making me feel:

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/mid-air_e0.gif'>

[img]http://www.gnometoys.com/12/punch.gif'>

[/color]

10. Dick Quickwood

clack start, go to control panel, and click on network and internet connections. you might have to deselect the modem or something. also try printers and other hardware, then phone and modem options

11. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

is windows 2000 the same thing as windows XP?

12. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

13. Dick Quickwood

14. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

:twitch: RAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

I was just lookin at the box and this shit is only made to work with Windows 2000 98 and ME. Fuckin dad just handed me this shit and was like "Here son... make this work. It's not the right shit.

http://www.gnometoys.com/12/punch.gif'> [img]http://www.gnometoys.com/12/punch.gif'>
    [img]http://www.gnometoys.com/12/punch.gif'> [img]http://www.gnometoys.com/12/punch.gif'>

15. Dick Quickwood

dont leave us hanging, what are you going to do now ?