now if this is not some bullshit...(blown record spot)

Guest ?!?!

ok i had this spot, hiphop records for a dollar each.

i assume some radio dj would bring in all the records he got in the mail that he didnt want (which was most things it seemed) and sell it to this record store, they sold them for a dollar. most of them were doubles too.

now i would go there every 2 weeks, go to the used crates under the cds..where no one ever looks and get them and be happy. did it for about a year now.

im not best friends with the guys who work there but we have mutual friends and i thought we had an understanding...the good used hiphop didnt just make its way to the back of the crate for me to find on its own..so i would buy like 35 records every 2 weeks.

well i went in there today and started to notice...hey this is all the same bullshit thats been in here that i dont want, how come theres nothing new and hasnt been anything new since i was here last. so then i take a step back and what the fuck...3 signs above the crates on pointing down that says USED HIPHOP VINAL 1.00 EACH!. 3 times to make sure no one misses it. i was pissed i mean, i was there each week to get them. and theres no other djs in town really that buy them from there so what the fuck.

now where all the records are going is...some indie rock kids (lots of indie rock kids go there) will come in looking to buy some indie rock stuff and see the sign and go...oh 1.00 each let me take a look. oh hey heres that underground hiphop song i hear, its only a dollar i buy it and all the other good hiphip iv never heard but hey its a dollar, even though ill probably never listen to them but just to be able to say i have actualy hiphip records furthers my indie rockness. yay

mannnn fuck that bullshit. what the fuck. now im gonna have to pay full price. today i made out with some subversive records shit, a few jiggy jams and an mf doom....but usually i get more. this is the end of my golden spot and im gonna cry. thats fucked up man i didnt do anything to them.

i know i targed the indie rock kids but thats becuase i know for a fact from friends telling me that other indie rock kids see it as thenew cool thing and talk about the "underground hiphop vinal" they "scored" for a dollar at cd alley in MY fucking used section.

god dammit

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest MR BOJANGLES
Originally posted by T.T Boy

just rip down the sign.

or kill the guy behind the counter... i hate when i get shafted on a good deal.

well i took one of them down...and they just looked at me and i saw it behind this cd

i think the only reason they didnt say anything is becuase like i said they know my friends good..they are like early 20s indie rockers

mannnnnn i think im gonna have to stake the place out. find out whos dropping off the records and just deal with him direct. cut out the middle man. i figure if they sell the record for a dollar they cant pay him more then that. ill just offer dude a dollar a record, he makes more that way.

shut up dork. i didnt say indie rock kids cant listen to hiphop. that wasnt my thing at all.

what i was saying was...the indie kids that "wouldnt normally" buy the hiphop or even look for them in the used section for that matter are now looking for them and buying them. yes i know its selfish of me but fuck it i dont care iv gotten used to it being there for like a year and now this.

and the thing about telling the owner to hold them...its werid. they are kinda stupid, like if they think you want something becuase its good they will keep it. like while i was there this guy brought it mad old hiphop 12ins. the owner gave him like 50 cents each or something. i was thinking ok dope i can get some old school. the owner was talking about....well its of hiphop on record so ill justkeep it i mean people will want to buy them so ill just sell them on ebay...which i mean i dont care about that but when they find out you want something they are quick to keep it. its a small little independent music store.

oh well ill figure something out.

yeah having a word with them to make sure they put it aside for you is probably your best bet. i love little record shops where you can get an understanding with the owner. there is one in my town who always knocks of a couple of £'s of all the new stuff because im always in there, the girl in there always smiles at me which makes me blush and trip over the racks of records on my way out. SUPPORT INDIEPENDANT RECORDS SHOPS!

yea but that was my spot for like a year.

and its not like some new blood came through and started searching.

if they didnt put those signs up no one would know. fuckers. even if i take the signs down its too late its been exposed. oh well i dont care anymore

i quit djing and im just gonna internet all day.

they wanna fuck around..ill show them

if they are coming from a radio station, they are probably coming on the same day each week. whoever is selling them probably takes them in there on their way home from the station. so talk to the people at the counter, explain to them that youve been coming in there for a year, your really into the stuff, and youd like first crack at it. see if infact it all does come in on the same day. if so, just come on that day. if not, leave your number and ask someone to call you when they get new stuff. unless they are on some complete elitest bullshit, they should have no problem with that.

yea. the store has a good amount of indie rock kids that go there, and its a smaller town so they all really know each other. i know them all by face from shows but im not really in the indie rock loop becuase thats no my scene so all the indie rock kids i was talking about before that are now getting them are of couse already doing that. so im sure dude wont go...well you dont really know me but ill tell my friends they cant have stuff so you can have them. blah oh well theres really nothing i can do. but steal 7ins from them. which is what i think im gonna do. 7ins and cometbus.

also hardcore lps....see what happens when they go outside to smoke and dont watch the store, my backpack fills with recors.

fuck them

Archived