1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Matthiessen

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Smart, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Matthiessen

Discussion started by Smart - Jul 24, 2001

In the Jungle, during one night in each month, the moths didi not come to lanterns; through the black reaches of the outer night, so it was said, they flew toward the moon.

So it was said. He could not recall where he had heard it, or from whom; it had been somewhere on the rivers of Brazil. He had never watched the lanterns at the time of the full moon; when he remebered it was always the dark of the moon or beyond the tropics. Yet the idea of moths in the high darkness, straining upward, filled him with longing, and at these times he would know that he had not found what he was looking for, nor come closer to discovering what it was.

------------------
    2 Can Sam

Smart - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  2. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

mental invalid - Replied Jul 24, 2001

"Yet the idea of moths in the high darkness, straining upward, filled him with longing, and at these times he would know that he had not found what he was looking for, nor come closer to discovering what it was...."

....very smart indeed....i wonder if ill ever get to the moon myself...sometymes it seems like that journey into the black abyss of unknown will swallow me whole...in my darkness i know what unsatisfaction and hopelessness is, and yet there are glimpses of moon light that push me on through all the shit...no one ever told me about the strain of the black, maybe its cause most moths choose not to fly through it...mE

mental invalid - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

mental invalid - Replied Jul 24, 2001

...felt like adding this...i was thinking about this song i was reading your post, which by the way, where is that from......

-radiohead-

"Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box"

After years of waiting
    Nothing came
    As your life flashed before your eyes
    You realize

I'm a reasonable man
    get off, get off, get off my case
    I'm a reasonable man
    get off my case, get off my case

After years of waiting

After years of waiting