Matthiessen

Smart

In the Jungle, during one night in each month, the moths didi not come to lanterns; through the black reaches of the outer night, so it was said, they flew toward the moon.

So it was said. He could not recall where he had heard it, or from whom; it had been somewhere on the rivers of Brazil. He had never watched the lanterns at the time of the full moon; when he remebered it was always the dark of the moon or beyond the tropics. Yet the idea of moths in the high darkness, straining upward, filled him with longing, and at these times he would know that he had not found what he was looking for, nor come closer to discovering what it was.

------------------

2 Can Sam

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"Yet the idea of moths in the high darkness, straining upward, filled him with longing, and at these times he would know that he had not found what he was looking for, nor come closer to discovering what it was...."

....very smart indeed....i wonder if ill ever get to the moon myself...sometymes it seems like that journey into the black abyss of unknown will swallow me whole...in my darkness i know what unsatisfaction and hopelessness is, and yet there are glimpses of moon light that push me on through all the shit...no one ever told me about the strain of the black, maybe its cause most moths choose not to fly through it...mE

...felt like adding this...i was thinking about this song i was reading your post, which by the way, where is that from......

-radiohead-

"Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box"

After years of waiting

Nothing came

As your life flashed before your eyes

You realize

I'm a reasonable man

get off, get off, get off my case

I'm a reasonable man

get off my case, get off my case

After years of waiting

After years of waiting