graffiti is ruining my life

footsoldier

i dont know if this belongs in here or not, but tonight i really realized i have a problem...im actually addicted to graffiti.i used to think i was, but i dont think i really was up until about a year ago...its all i think about and do. i used to write stories,screenplays and make short films and shit but now, not so much. im not even doing good in school anymore becase of it. this might seem like nothing but its actually scaring me...anyone else ever come across this, and howd you deal with..i couldnt imagine quitting, i just need a way to get it out of my mind sometimes. fuck...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm the same way. At first it seemed strange that other people would have the same problem, but man, you are not alone. I just consider it the first step to becoming an excellent writer. Make the sacrfifices in life. At some point you're going to have to choose one thing over the other. If you want to persue other things that will actually pay off for you, quit graff now. the addiction gets worse. Here's what RIME KCW said:

"The way graffiti is, the art, the destruction, the lifestyle, it fits me like a glove, and I practically put everything else on halt in my life to devote more time to this THING. I was so hooked on this shit I lost almost all of my social skills (with people outside of graffiti), nothing else was of interest to me. My game with ladies slowly got more petty and more desperate. I could not act like I was interested in what any girls had to say. At this point chicks seemed shallow and were just as good as a hole for your disposal. The ladies weren't feelin' my blunt uninterested behavior, so I lost it for a while. I hate graffit for all of myself that I lost to it. To me my "Graffiti" has my soul trapped inside of it. That's why (at least in my opinion my shit is a bit interesting). Now I am starting to grow past this and recognize the many times I've fucked things up. I am slowly getting my life back..... I have a girl now and I think I'm a lot calmer than I used to be! Before I wanted to blow up the world due to sexual frustration, now I just don't give a fuck."

well now you're a writer..so what...you make it out to be a bad thing..maybe that's your problem..personally i use graffiti to get my by in life..it motivates me to get other objectives/goals accomplished..its all in your perception my friend.

Archived