|Flash

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

Part 1.

Do you hate flash? i certainly do...the odds of taking a nice flick using flash are ridiculous...so i've been thinking, since cameras meter light couldnt they have a flash that would shed light according to the lightness?...flash just as much as its needed for the specific thing to be properly exposed...is that so hard? cause it would be cool.

Part 2.

Since i mentioned flash, i remember a story i heard some time ago, many of you will know about this but that doesnt mean shit. In 1890 in NY there was this dude that wanted to photograph and comment the life in NY, half of the city was totally rich and the other half was fucked up...he wanted to document the lifes of the poor but all those places were to dark to be photographed...at that time flash was invented, Riis took advantage of the new technology and got busy...these are probably the first, and maybe the best flash photographs, enjoy

http://www.yale.edu/amstud/inforev/riis/riis41.gif'>

"Long ago it was said that 'one half of the world does not know how the other half lives.' That was true then. It did not know because it did not care. The half that was on top cared little for the struggles, and less for the fate, of those who were underneath, so long as it was able to hold them there and keep its own seat. "

Damn...i only found one...you can read the whole book

here

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Hrmmm... interesting proposal. Have you seen those houses, the high dollar ones, that have the electronic LCD windows.... they can be opaque or transparent. I dunno if they allow for certain degrees of shade. That'd be a solution.... there could be an LCD plate over the flash that regulated the amount of light. It could be some really tiny draw string blinds too.... heh, maybe not.:o :o

Archived