Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Damage Done..Shit Sturred Up

Discussion in 'News' started by beelkaemoney, May 18, 2005.

1. beelkaemoney

beelkaemoney Member

NEWSWEEK has to be staffed by Bush Admin Puppets or complete idiots..how NEWSWEEK knowing the consequences of what the story might cause plus without %100 assurance that there 'sources' information was credible release a story like this http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/05/16/newsweek.quran/ and only issue a roughly 10 word statement and retraction after all that has been spun up.. that in lehmans terms basically read "oops my bad..i assumed it to be true..but it isnt..oh well"

My question is what do they fuckin think about???..Anything for a story right??One of these news organizations whether it be US..UK..Iraqi..Afghan..3rd World etc is gonna directly or indirectly cause the END instead using basic discretion on shit like this..

2. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

or maybe the reporter in quetion, who is btw, a very good journalist in most cases, was reporting the truth...maybe his higher-ups are being puppeted by the bush administration??? maybe.

3. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

^indeed.

i noticed that in the "retraction,"
    they say that their highly reliable governement source cannot guarantee
    that the info about the koran flush was released "in that report"

which led me to wonder whether it is solely an issue of where that guy originally heard that info, and NOT whether the info is true or not.

i read the article before retraction and i wasn't surprised at all.
    let's face it, it's a tactic i could EASILY picture them using.
    one of the female interrogators wiped red on a guy's face and said it was her period blood.
    after all the human rights violations, it seems that would only be the tip of the iceberg

..and that this sounds like the work of bush admin puppets doesn't make any sense to me..at this point, no one in that admin wants any more backlash from the middle east
    and they aren't buying a retraction either

4. beelkaemoney

beelkaemoney Member

Yes Symbols your right it doesnt necessarily make since but i also said OR Complete Idiots..i think ill go with the latter...

5. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

true, true. but there are many things we, as average citizens, don't understand about psych ops.

i read that a general and a military offical responsible for press type shit read over the first story to make corrections, etc. and said nothing about the koran blurb. now, those same two military guys are saying they missed that shit? wtf ever. a couple of others were asked to comment on such things (as koran flushing) and had no comment. this was before the first story was published. keep that in mind.

symbols: if you want to read about some real human rights violations, i mean some down adn dirty fucked shit, check up on camp x-ray. a

6. POIESIS

POIESIS Member

funny thing is the basics have already been reported and corroborated
    by numerous other sources and newspapers. are they all wrong too?

7. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

it's funny how far the bush administration will go and the media kinda tucks their tales and hides, or they become little lap dogs.

bush and his cabinet are ready to bring this new world order thing into play. no doubt in my mind.

8. POIESIS

POIESIS Member

^a perfect example was the rathergate scandal at cbs.
    that was pretty bizarre, mindblowing bullshit. and very convenient for
    the bush gang. instead of focusing on the holed minutes of bush's official
    statements regarding his service, which was wide open at the time, the
    climate was geared towards a focus on the fuck up at cbs, thereby avoiding
    further scrutiny of bush's service and making the issue untouchable.
    it creates a mind state the argentines apparently called 'knowing/not knowing'.

9. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

indeed. the best way to enslave someone is to make it seem like they are free.

the same happened to howard dean. remember that? he brought up some important issues, suddenly he's caught on tape being excited at a rally (like most politicians. i'm 28 and i've seen it on tv every four years. politicians rally and get excited and yell) but the media suddenly turned on him and started calling him a lunatic.

what about that thing that was brought up in 'outfoxed' where the media caught on to this catch phrase 'flip flopping' whenever they mentioned john kerry.? was that the most fucked up thing ever?

10. beelkaemoney

beelkaemoney Member

yea they ran the 'flip flopping' thing to death.but in that case it really didnt matter..Kerry could have mailed everyone in the US a $100 bill and the election was still already decided way before November..

What cracks me up is all the news orgs run the exact same story only its on a there corresponding website or printed media but in most cases its word for word so what i want to know is does the WH deliberately release bullshit information in the presence of certain unnamed "government" officials with the intention of them blabbing to there favorite news outlet which in turn is recipricated in print..on the web.. in smoke signals..sign language..etc to throw you off of the trail of other deep down dastardly dan type of shit happening right in front of our eyes?? such as this current issue circulating in the press its all we talk about..like what im doing right now...

11. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

i see where you're going....i think talking about it, being aware of certain issues, helps. all in all, i think being awake to the reality is good. getting too sucked in is bad.

i'm thinking of that episode of southpark where stans mom is watching the news 24/7. just sitting on the couch watching the news during the whole beginning of the war in iraq (number 2). how they made fun of that. i knew people who did that. haha.

i think there is a smokescreen effect in alot of instances. sometimes i even think it's set up to get rid of certain people who aren't cooperating. who knows?

there's a fine line between knowing and succumbing to media hype or conspiracy theory hype. you've gotta watch your step. sometimes the lines are really blurry.

edit: wrong word

12. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

NEW YORK -- New documents released by the FBI include previously undisclosed interviews in which prisoners at Guantánamo complain that guards have mistreated the Qur'an, the American Civil Liberties Union said today. In one 2002 summary, an FBI interrogator notes a prisoner’s allegation that guards flushed a Qur'an down the toilet.

The disclosure comes on the heels of controversy over a Newsweek report saying that government investigators had corroborated an almost identical incident. Newsweek ultimately retracted its story because a confidential government source could not be confirmed.

"The United States government continues to turn a blind eye to mounting evidence of widespread abuse of detainees held in its custody," said ACLU Executive Director Anthony D. Romero. "If we are to truly repair America's standing in the world, the Bush Administration must hold accountable high-ranking officials who allow the continuing abuse and torture of detainees."

According to the FBI documents, a detainee interviewed in August 2002 said that guards had flushed the Qur'an in the toilet. Others reported the Qur'an being kicked, withheld as punishment, and thrown on the floor, and said they were mocked during prayers.

The release of the FBI interviews follows the disclosure last week of Defense Department documents regarding other cases in which military personnel mistreated the Qur'an and used a religious symbol to taunt detainees.

http://www.aclu.org/SafeandFree/SafeandFre...?ID=18320&c=206

it happened

13. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

I have a copy of the Qur'an.
    Used to keep it in my backpack while I was reading some of it
    but I decided to take it out last time I had to go through an airport.
    Sad that's the case.

Just imagine how outraged the bible belt would be if someone desecrated the bible.

14. villain

villain Veteran Member

15. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

Being held without a charge seems like a human rights violation.