Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

can silencers

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by WHO R U?, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WHO R U?

WHO R U? New Jack

I WAS CHECKING ONE THESE OUT...THEY USE A MAGNET TO HOLD THE MIXING BALL ON THE BOTTOM STILL SO THAT MOVEMENTS DONT PRODUCE SOUND..HAS ANYONE USED THIS?..

2. SeOnEr

SeOnEr Junior Member

most cans have a glass ball in them...but montana has a metal ball so it might work with a magnet

3. junior

junior New Jack

If you put ur cans in your back pack like this
    / \ / \ / \
    | || || |
    | || || |
    | || || |
    you know up right, the balls sit at the bottom of the can so they dont make much noise, useful stuff

4. skem

skem Junior Member

just get a strong magnet, i did it a while ago.

5. Chance Em Redy

Chance Em Redy Junior Member

WTF. they have glass balls inside? Like which brands?
    How long it take u guys to empty out a can whole to crash it open?
    i tried once but gave up. shit takes too long.

6. war pigs

war pigs Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah..usually it's a marble or somethin...

but honestly...just shake your cans circularlly (is that a word?)..instead of up and down and it'll be alot less noisy...

if you make alot of noise with the ball while actually spraying you prolly have a really shaky hand and should get it checked out...might be parkinsons or somethin...

7. SeOnEr

SeOnEr Junior Member

1. its a glass marble in most brands, i dont feel like naming any.
    2. i emailed a few companies a while back and asked..i dont remember which ones, but all of them except montana said there is a glass marble inside them..and i have checked...i threw an empty can of krylon at a curb and it busted open...so i just got a knife and cut it in half. it had 1 glass clear marble in it.

peace ;)

8. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Huh? If you paint AT ALL, eventually you will have an empty can... then you open that one and discover how bogus this whole idea is...

Move along, nothing to see here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.