i fucking hate web design

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Shit, I wish I had Flash on this comp to make sure, but I think there's a way to do it...

What I would do is make the Flash work area as big as the browser resolution most people would use, which is 800 x 600 I think (although I actually see most people use 1024 x 768), and make a rectangle that's the size of the entire work area as the lowest layer. You can give this rectangle a shitload of colors others than the ones on the palette by using the color wheel, and although I'm not sure Flash has a hex color palette, you can probably mess around with some blacks until you get a good approximation. Hope that helps. Beer,

El Mamerro

PS: Oh, and the reason I dislike all-Flash pages are not for the wackiness, it's just that I like to right-click and probe the hell out of pages I like, to learn about the coding or source an image, but when it's all Flash, all you get are dumb options like zoom in or make the quality lower.

its actually an 850 by 350 pop up window... so i guess i could just make a jpeg that size in photoshop, blow out the resolution so its down to 1 or 2 seconds and just use that as the bottom layer.... see, i dont really know what im doing, so i have to go about it as ghetto as i can... haha...

Hahaha, if it's ghetto and it works, it works. That's actually not a bad idea. I wonder how small can you get an all-black jpeg... I know Illustrator has a hex palette, so maybe you can make the rectangle there and copy/paste it onto Flash. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9
Originally posted by !!!

yo hotshot, here a idea..

learn proper coding (and you will not need a wysiwyg editor every again)..

ok, you learn to speak/type english properly, and i will learn code from the heart. oh wait, i do know it, and i prefer to use a wysiwyg program. apples to oranges my friend.

we're going union like they said.

Yeah, what he said. Make a button with absolutely nothing on the first three frames, then on the fourth frame ("Hit") draw whatever size shape you need and drag it over to where you want it to be. Beer,

El Mamerro

ok, i totally side stepped that shit... i knew the invisible trick, thats one of my ghetto fallbacks, i had just forgotten... thanks...

heres my present dilemna.... i just made 23 pages in flash, all are the same layout, with a different image on each. each page also has a 'next' 'back' and 'home' button.... the problem is, the buttons are just static... they dont do anything, by that i mean they dont change color when you press it, fade out, blah blah, none of that stuff... so heres my question... since i made all 23 pages already, if i make a button like that, do i have to go back and re do each page, or can i somehow just 'import' the button into each page with one fail swoop? make sense? i dont think i can, but its worth asking so i dont have to spend the two hours re doing them all... (which i will probably just do eventually anyway)

Hmmm... I'm assuming all these pages are separate .swf's, otherwise all you have to do is update the button symbol you used for all of these pages and they all get fixed automatically.

If they ARE separate .swf's, I can think of two ways to do it... The first, you make the three new buttons, place them on one of the pages, select them all after you've aligned them where you want them, and copy them. Then open all the other pages, delete the old buttons and paste-in-place (I forgot the shortcut, but it's in the Edit menu). If it works, the new buttons will get placed exactly in the same spot you copied them. You may need to drag the button symbols into all of the libraries before you paste (not sure though, maybe not), and there is a possibility the paste-in-place doesn't work between separate swf's.

The other way is using actionscript, using the "loadMovie" script to load a new .swf containing the new buttons on a higher level than the rest of the content, and covering the old buttons underneath. If none of these work, get ready for some tedious-ass individual updating... but I think the first way should work. Beer,

El Mamerro

Originally posted by El Mamerro

Hmmm... I'm assuming all these pages are separate .swf's, otherwise all you have to do is update the button symbol you used for all of these pages and they all get fixed automatically.

If they ARE separate .swf's, I can think of two ways to do it... The first, you make the three new buttons, place them on one of the pages, select them all after you've aligned them where you want them, and copy them. Then open all the other pages, delete the old buttons and paste-in-place (I forgot the shortcut, but it's in the Edit menu). If it works, the new buttons will get placed exactly in the same spot you copied them. You may need to drag the button symbols into all of the libraries before you paste (not sure though, maybe not), and there is a possibility the paste-in-place doesn't work between separate swf's.

The other way is using actionscript, using the "loadMovie" script to load a new .swf containing the new buttons on a higher level than the rest of the content, and covering the old buttons underneath. If none of these work, get ready for some tedious-ass individual updating... but I think the first way should work. Beer,

El Mamerro

couldnt he add action script to the button itself from the libary to do what he wants the button to do and then link the libary to the diffrent swf files?...or i am not understanding what he wants

he doesnt understand what he wants... haha

ive kind of scrapped that whole thing, cause its taken a new direction and its become infinitly harder than it needs to be....

is there a way to make a small action, like for instance a small circle, that when you click on it, it fades out, then links you to the next page. but you just make it once, then you can just 'place' the thing into the flash page? or do i have to make the action on each page? does that make sense? i have 3 buttons per page, and i dont want to have to make actions for each one, on each page. or even just make a template. i want to make little flash things that get dropped in sort of, and just work...

i should really read some fucking instructions...

ok, ignore all those other questions... this is the only one i really need an answer for.

i have 25+ pages that need to be made, they are all based off the exact same page. there are a bunch of actions and shit that go on through out it. what i need to do though, is on each page, change the main picture. how do i do it, so i am just 'replacing' the picture, without having to go through and change it again every time there is a keyframe. know what i mean? the only thing the pic needs to do is fade out at a couple different times. is there a way to do that? please god tell me there is...

y is the picture gonna change? by the click of the mouse or on time?..

make the picture its own layer and symbol and in the editing process of the symbol do what u want it too...so on the stage of every instance u gonna use its gonna have the same properties so in reality u only have to set it up once then just use it however many times u want...otherwise im not really understanding what u saying go more into detail...

my 2 cents

crooks

what im trying to do is make a template basically, since each page is nearly identical. i have a temporary image on the template to fill up the space, and i want to be able to just hit 'swap image' or something, and change the sample pic to the pic that is supposed to be on that page. make sense?

i found a swap image button, but since theres a bunch of actions and shit on the page, you have to swap the image each time you get to a new keyframe, and thats just a pain in the ass. i wind up having to hit the buttom 8 times per page... theres must be some way to just swap the image from the start and retain all its original properties...

Alright, here's how you do it:

Pick any gun from your collection, hopefully one with a large caliber. Making sure it's loaded, point it squarely at the center of your screen, and shoot the living shit out of it. Computers suck.

My brain is too fizzed to make any sense of most of what's been written, so for now I'll say to go check flashkit.com, maybe you'll find a source .fla there that contains the actions you need. Or maybe not. Good luck. Beer,

El Mamerro

Archived