Springfield, MA

onesandzeros

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of new prople are getting into the dead end world of graff and I think its awsome the more people the better the scean. Seeing other people paint or find spots makes me wanna get off my ass and do the same. But way to meny people are not learning how to crawl first before walking. I'm only looking through a window and giveing my opinion too meny people are starting wars that can be left alone. I got enough drama in my life last thing I need is dumb phone calls about graffiti...also to meny kids or adults for that matter are going over stuff they shouldn't painting spots they shoulent...everyone is trying to "keep it real" but no one is following rules and paying dues. And in a small city if you wanna call it a city. You gotta have gide lines other wise you get huge ball of yarn that's a head ach to untangle. Splfd is hot box city with graff but things seem to be cailm down.

A lot of new prople are getting into the dead end world of graff and I think its awsome the more people the better the scean. Seeing other people paint or find spots makes me wanna get off my ass and do the same. But way to meny people are not learning how to crawl first before walking. I'm only looking through a window and giveing my opinion too meny people are starting wars that can be left alone. I got enough drama in my life last thing I need is dumb phone calls about graffiti...also to meny kids or adults for that matter are going over stuff they shouldn't painting spots they shoulent...everyone is trying to "keep it real" but no one is following rules and paying dues. And in a small city if you wanna call it a city. You gotta have gide lines other wise you get huge ball of yarn that's a head ach to untangle. Splfd is hot box city with graff but things seem to be cailm down.

I agree for the most part. You shouldn't go at someone thats got more talent and more cred with bullshit unless provoked. You can't do a piece without five toys scribbling on them. If your gonna do a tag at least do a piece over the shit and battle (don't do scribbles) If you can only do free hand throw ups stop painting! I love ta battle. That shit is inspiration ta get up and paint more.

Please read the article i posted a few pages back. This isnt just a hobby. Its a lifestyle to some, a damnation to others. Alot of us older cats take this shit seriously, maybe too seriously. It is what it is. In the end its all about respect. like anything else, its not givin, its earned, and by earned im talking about years of steady painting and dedication, all the while respecting the guidlines that have been set since day one, years before most of us were even born. Its been a long time since a new wave of potentials have come out, and for that im glad, it just seems like alot of these new guys lack guidance and maybe common sense for that matter. If you feel like this is the game for you the my advice would be to shut your mouth and open your eyes. Study, learn, paint. Posting your shit after painting for two months is going to get you nowhere and i PROMISE you it will catch up to you down the road. Alot of us older cats are starting to get at our wits end with the bullshit. Use your head, put the keyboard down and pick up a pencil. Crawl before you walk, walk before you run, its simple. Who knows, maybe a few years down the road youll become the next spraytag aerobomb king of springfield and well all give you a pat on the back for doing it the right way...

Archived