NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

the piece does not look photoshopped, but the second level did for a minute to me..i know the J yard has two levels like that and its just an optical illusion in this flik but i was suspicious at first...definitly dope and real tho. props due

ZED....THIS HAD TO BE DONE IN A LAY-UP..ETC...LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LETTERS IT WAS DONE ON A PLATFORM..IVE DONE A FEW I KNOW WHEN I FLICKED THEM GOING TO THE YARD TO BE CLEANED...ITS EURO THOUGH....STILL PROPS .....ITS NOT EASY ..NOT LIKE THE J 121ST IN 88 I REMEMBER DOING..IF YOU GUYS WERE OUT THERE YOULL BE ON THE SAME PAGE AS ME..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I wasn't around that 121st J station in '88, but definitely was back in '78, and vivdly remember many times climbing the outside of that sketchy gate in order to slip through the small opening above it and get on for free, as everyone did back then. Good old days...

pretty sure there are other photos of it from different angles and at night....

I wasn't around that 121st J station in '88, but definitely was back in '78, and vivdly remember many times climbing the outside of that sketchy gate in order to slip through the small opening above it and get on for free, as everyone did back then. Good old days...

Awesome!

ZED....THIS HAD TO BE DONE IN A LAY-UP..ETC...LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LETTERS IT WAS DONE ON A PLATFORM..IVE DONE A FEW I KNOW WHEN I FLICKED THEM GOING TO THE YARD TO BE CLEANED...ITS EURO THOUGH....STILL PROPS .....ITS NOT EASY ..NOT LIKE THE J 121ST IN 88 I REMEMBER DOING..IF YOU GUYS WERE OUT THERE YOULL BE ON THE SAME PAGE AS ME..

understood - but i was not disputing where it was done. just that the angle of the photo and the second level of the yard looks a little funny - even though it obviously has not been manipulated once you look at it real good. just the angle of the photo makes the second level of the yard look a little funny. nothing at all to do with the piece. i do remember the catwalk @ 121st on the lirr side but even in a layup with a catwalk i have seen piece done to the bottom. 57th had a catwalk but there was enough space to actually sit down and most if not all of the whole cars pulled off in that spot were to the bottom. but my experience in subway layups is not extensive. again, my comment was to the angle of the trains (not the piece) in the yard.

understood - but i was not disputing where it was done. just that the angle of the photo and the second level of the yard looks a little funny - even though it obviously has not been manipulated once you look at it real good. just the angle of the photo makes the second level of the yard look a little funny. nothing at all to do with the piece. i do remember the catwalk @ 121st on the lirr side but even in a layup with a catwalk i have seen piece done to the bottom. 57th had a catwalk but there was enough space to actually sit down and most if not all of the whole cars pulled off in that spot were to the bottom. but my experience in subway layups is not extensive. again, my comment was to the angle of the trains (not the piece) in the yard.

ALL GOOD ZED JUST LETTING PEOPLE UNDERSTAND...NOTHING DIRECTED TOWARDS YA...