NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you looked up to seen for his accomplishments over 30 years ago. whatever you saw, read, know or heard about what he does now shouldnt detract from his legacy. i always hear people hate on seen for whatever reason. its kind of silly (to me). when it counted seen was the shit - period.

*edit* i dont know what IMO means.

• Like 1

you looked up to seen for his accomplishments over 30 years ago. whatever you saw, read, know or heard about what he does now shouldnt detract from his legacy. i always hear people hate on seen for whatever reason. its kind of silly (to me). when it counted seen was the shit - period.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

IMO = In my opinion

My BAD experience has been with him first hand, NOT what I have heard or read. I hate to even admit that I have ever met the guy. You can say YOU dont like when people hate on seen. I know so many people do hate on writers bc of what they read and hear say. ADER as a prime example. I'm taking it you do not know seen to well, bc if you did, there would be no way would be giving him any type of respect.... I agree with you on his contributions and to me it just sucks that a nice guy does not come with such a great legacy =( So I guess what Im trying to say is I like his graff but not him as person..

GRAVE - I guess I never got around to telling you the story bc if I did, you would have not ageed with Zed, in this case anyway..

i figured your experience was first hand - which is why i included KNOW, along with saw, heard and read. your right i do not know seen at all and maybe that is why i have the luxuary of taking that position. i meant no disrespect to you and sincerly apologize if you took it that way. if you had a bad experience with seen, that should remain between you and him. that is the real point i was trying to get accross. i know an old writer or two that have left me with a similar sentiment (similar, but not quite scum of the earth level). IMO regardless of the personal experience, i still hold them in high regard as writers and wouldnt use 12oz to air dirty laundry or tarnish their contribution.

No offense taken at all.. If I had a good experience and spoke about that no one would complain, but since I spoke of a bad one, I am wrong? Or, if everyone spoke horribly bad about any one person and someone chimed in saying how great they are, they would be wrong as well? It's just my first hand opinion. My point was, just bc someone contributed so much to a cause or did the greatest work, it does NOT make that person (as a person) great. Someone once told me, the people you look up to the most in life, you are probably better off NOT meeting bc 95% of the time, they will disappoint you. Sad but true..

No offense taken at all.. If I had a good experience and spoke about that no one would complain, but since I spoke of a bad one, I am wrong? Or, if everyone spoke horribly bad about any one person and someone chimed in saying how great they are, they would be wrong as well? It's just my first hand opinion. My point was, just bc someone contributed so much to a cause or did the greatest work, it does NOT make that person (as a person) great. Someone once told me, the people you look up to the most in life, you are probably better off NOT meeting bc 95% of the time, they will disappoint you. Sad but true..

i dont think your wrong. its not really my place to say you're wrong, about anything. your last sentence drives it home though and i have always believed that, not just about writers, but famous people in general. after all they are just people. michael jordans behavior at that speech earlier this year was down right assholeish - as well as some of his other behavior off the court. but who cares, in the bottom of the 4th Jordan was God and that will never change. me personally, i leave all famous people there and dont expect any more of them than what they are famous for.

Your last line was VERY well put...