T Shirt Contest!!!

rocinhajj

T SHIRT DESIGN CONTEST!!!!!

Ok all you GRAFITEIROS (Grafitti Writers in Portugues), Now is your time to step up and help a worthy cause but at the same times get to show your work.

Ok a little about me, I am Zezinho, I am from the favela of Rocinha in Rio de Janeiro Brazil. I love Grafite and wrting but more now to use to help people in posiitive ways. No disrespect to anybody what ever life they make. I chose to try help my comunity and break descrimnation against us who live in poor areas (Favelas).

I work (volunter) with Two Brothers Foundation...http://www.2bros.org

In Brazil we are know as "Instituto Dois Irmaos" (Two Brothers Institution)

Two Brothers is a school that is needed becase we do not have good schools in the favela for the kids. We offer Language classes, Math, Art, and anything people can offer to make learning more enjoyble for the comunity. Two Brothers is open to anyone who has ideas about wanting to contribute somthing diferent. We had a break dance instructor there teaching the kids to dance and they had contest battles and things. I would like to see somebody go there and teach the kids Grafite. In the futre with some help, I want to open a DJ school to teach the kids to spin. The school is not regulate by anybody so they are very open to people bring new ideas of learning for the kids! So, now you know about the Organization. Please go in the website to learn more.

I am making a big Baile Funk Party in Atlanta. Why Atlanta, becase one of the women who worked in Rocinha last year, she make the party last december and help raise money for my favela. We are making the party again this year 13 of december. We are raising the money to build two more floors on the school in Rocinha. One floor is to be a reading room, the other activity, art room.

SOOOOO...I would like open oportunity to all the creative peoples here to help in designing a T shirt for my favela party. My friend Marco speaks much better English than me so he write the details, ok?

ok now the CONTEST!!!

GUIDELINES (please read carefully)

DETAILS: Drawing must include:

- a DJ

- 1 or 2 MC’s

- dancers in a crowd

- the favela in the background (houses)

- the words “Instituto Dois Irmaos” there is a ~ over the “a” in “Irmaos”. The word "Instituto Dois Irmaos", needs to be in the drawing, but not as big as the letters of "ROCINHA". It can be put anywhere in the drawing. Be creative..

- the word “ROCINHA” preferably in all capitals as this is the favela the design is representing ** Please make lettering Grafite style but readable. We want people to recognize the letters to help identify the work we are doing in Rocinha.

- Size of the drawing should be no more then 14 inches in height and 15 inches wide. We tried 17 height by 12 but the height would not fit size small Hoodies. We would like the option to put the design on a hoodie if possible for the all volunteers in Rocinha.

- It can be Color or Black and white, but please make sure the drawing is made with the idea that it will be put on a t shirt.

- Please make sure you tag/sign your design, YOUR design will be visible in ROCINHA!!

**** If you are not familiar with "FAVELA" or "ROCINHA"..please use Google, search fotos..do your homework..what ever shirts are left over will be sent to Rocinha to the school, so I want something the kids can be proud of..

DEADLINE: 20 November 2007

VOTING: Will be done here by everybody and you cannot vote for your own design

PRIZES: You will receve a T shirt when completed and there will be a CASH prize. I have a friend who will donate the cash prize and the amount has not yet been determined. I do NOT want this contest to be about money, it is about helping a comunity that needs help. The T shirts will be sold at the party and after cost the proceeds will go to Two Brothers Foundation. I have done work like this before but it has always be my designs, I want something to conect the Grafiteiros of the USA to my Favela of Rocinha with PRIDE!

If you have any questions, please send me email: rocinhajj@yahoo.com.br

Thanks

Zezinho

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.