UBUNTU LINUX for the people....

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

haha, that's an awesome story... yeah, linux really is a "roll your own" operating system. I'm still getting acquainted with using it for everything

I need in a computer... which hasn't been a bad experience... I run into little kinks here and there but it inspires me to figure it out the same way I was

inspired as a kid to figure out Windows.

r00t or shai... I need a little help, I have two *extra hd's in my computer... I have formatted them to ext3... one was working mounted on "/home/downloads/" but now, since this morning, when I added the other one neither one will mount.

Also, another question, how would I make one of my hard drives a part of the existing filesystem... like, let's say my linux is installed on a small hard drive, and everytime I start doing something, there are files copied to the tmp directory and then the hd starts filling up... is there a way that I can make files being copied to the tmp directory copy to the other hd? Would that merely involve mounting that other hd to the /tmp directory? I am almost certain that it is not that simple, anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 months later...