Connect-i-cut.

Eastavenu

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Peace,

My name is Camacho Chapter Leader Universal Zulu Nation 860 and Director of UnderGround Coalition LLC i started the Graffiti Wall at Heaven skate in Downtown Hartford. Reason i'm reaching out is to inform yall that the city is bugging out. They want to see more structure in the park. My vision was/is to have this spot looking like 5 boros in staten Island.

I want to email them on monday with a set of rules that you guys come up with for the Graffiti Wall as a community. Once these rules are established they will be posted by DPW and it makes it official so if the boyz try and say something you can just point at the signs. Please no Drama bullshit feedback. Lets move forward so the city wont take away the park from us.

Peace,

My name is Camacho Chapter Leader Universal Zulu Nation 860 and Director of UnderGround Coalition LLC i started the Graffiti Wall at Heaven skate in Downtown Hartford. Reason i'm reaching out is to inform yall that the city is bugging out. They want to see more structure in the park. My vision was/is to have this spot looking like 5 boros in staten Island.

I want to email them on monday with a set of rules that you guys come up with for the Graffiti Wall as a community. Once these rules are established they will be posted by DPW and it makes it official so if the boyz try and say something you can just point at the signs. Please no Drama bullshit feedback. Lets move forward so the city wont take away the park from us.

Well at 5 pointz in queens you have to make an appointment in order to paint. That could be a good idea, making it seem more like organized art than vandalism and graffiti. Also things like no profanity or negativity would appeal to the town and make it seem more positive. just the first ideas that popped into my head

The city of Hartford is damn near broke at this time. They should be worrying about more important things.. I can think of 1000 things that are more important.

Remember when the entire park was covered in brown buff paint? That is how the city would like it to look if they had their way. Graffiti is too dangerous for the white insurance workers.. Too much riffraff.. We need these kids in Dunkin Donuts and Burger King.. They should NOT be expressing their views via graffiti, photography, skateboarding, etc. We are gonna ban skateboards and spraycans unless they are registered with the state DPW. You must submit forms in triplicate for fan-tip krylons or risk 2-5 at Hartford CC!!!

The city of Hartford is damn near broke at this time. They should be worrying about more important things.. I can think of 1000 things that are more important.

Remember when the entire park was covered in brown buff paint? That is how the city would like it to look if they had their way. Graffiti is too dangerous for the white insurance workers.. Too much riffraff.. We need these kids in Dunkin Donuts and Burger King.. They should NOT be expressing their views via graffiti, photography, skateboarding, etc. We are gonna ban skateboards and spraycans unless they are registered with the state DPW. You must submit forms in triplicate for fan-tip krylons or risk 2-5 at Hartford CC!!!

I work with the City for 4 years now with Youth yes the Old heads are Ignorant but your Post is nothing like how they think. Since i been involved with the Park We lifted a 30 Year ban on Skateboarders, Started the Skate Park for renovations(Meeting April 23 at the Downtown Library to show the community the final design) and Started the Legal Wall at 1st the cops didnt know what the hell was going on so fucked with ppls. Now it's peace but because it's becoming popular some higher ups wanna claim it as there own t clean the park lol smh when that shit was just sitting there before i brought it to life. We are gonna lose the park if we dont come up with a set of rules. It's the reason why i'm on this forum reaching out to the Graffiti Community. So we can come as one and keep this park going under a positive direction not under someone who doesnt give a fuck with a position.

So tell me what their idea of more "structure" is? What do they see as a problem?

I empathize w/ your position, in fact I'm just curious as to the city's line of thinking. I guess it's not surprising they want control over a visible, positive outlet since everything else they try to control turns to SHIT. Before kids started to go here, it was just another destination for drunks and crackheads to sleep it off.

Control control control, control is the name of the game. How do they expect to control this when they can't solve some basic quality of life issues for their residents?

I happened to see a large white man in a yellow safety vest yesterday, with a camera and sheathed machete inside the park, photographing the walls.

It's a fucking shame this is what our tax dollars get used for in a city where it's easier to cop a bundle than a book.

So tell me what their idea of more "structure" is? What do they see as a problem?

I empathize w/ your position, in fact I'm just curious as to the city's line of thinking. I guess it's not surprising they want control over a visible, positive outlet since everything else they try to control turns to SHIT. Before kids started to go here, it was just another destination for drunks and crackheads to sleep it off.

Control control control, control is the name of the game. How do they expect to control this when they can't solve some basic quality of life issues for their residents?

I happened to see a large white man in a yellow safety vest yesterday, with a camera and sheathed machete inside the park, photographing the walls.

It's a fucking shame this is what our tax dollars get used for in a city where it's easier to cop a bundle than a book.

Toma! lol nice

They want more Art less Toy shit they think it's dope but you are correct about the control. Is why we gotta come up with Rules before they do.