VIEWPOINT SPYWARE ON YOUR COMPUTER!!! (IMPORTANT)

fermentor666

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I made this thread specifically because of this spyware. Most people don't go into the Computer Help thread unless they have a problem or like to help. I think it's a great thread and Mainter and casek have helped me out before in that thread. But this is a problem that I guarentee will affect 80-90% of the 12oz PC users and it's an obscene invasion of privacy and ethical violation, so I'd like to draw as much attention to it as possible with the hope that enough people will speak out so that it will not happen again, or at least will make it very hard for another company to get away with it. It's like the Sony spyware they had on their CDs.

i agree with you fully fermentor. I was trying to make another statement about trying to get 12oz to have its own tech zone fourm that way it can be planned out a little better like having just certain threads for Mac/Apple, PC/Windows,Linux/Unix, Novell, BSD, Electronics Support bring a little geek into graffiti alot of us use computers for graphic arts and shit when something happens they can come here and get some advice to speed up there computers keep them clean and safe so my thinking was to stop the tech support thread and just post on channel zero blow up the thread count maybe to get my point across

casek (not trying to put words in his mouth) and I agree that when we answer the questions 50% of them are already answered if we had our own fourm we could have things listed in threads that are easy to find and we do not have to answer the same questions over and over again

maybe misteraven can read this??? and put a big yes or no on this idea

I made this thread specifically because of this spyware. Most people don't go into the Computer Help thread unless they have a problem or like to help. I think it's a great thread and Mainter and casek have helped me out before in that thread. But this is a problem that I guarentee will affect 80-90% of the 12oz PC users and it's an obscene invasion of privacy and ethical violation' date=' so I'd like to draw as much attention to it as possible with the hope that enough people will speak out so that it will not happen again, or at least will make it very hard for another company to get away with it. It's like the Sony spyware they had on their CDs.[/quote']

mainter, you know, I love the cpu help thread...you guys on the original bit torent thread got me back into 12oz and into cpus again...I like talkin cpu stuff on 12oz rather than cpu threads since I'm a little green, but personally I think casek's cpu corner is best for regular questions etc.. but forums are naturally conversations, so i think when something important comes up, like this, it deserves it own thread... otherwise fermentor's shit would be like 5 pages ago on casek's corner and heads would'nt realize