Research Project...

strangeone

Hey Guys,

I chose to my final history report on the subject of "Graffiti - Vandalism or Art?" and i was hoping that you guys, being the artists,might be able to help me out with a few questions...

1.What is your definition of Art?

2.What is your role in relation to graffiti and how you feel about it?

3.Do you see Graffiti as an art form or vandalism? Explain..

4.What do you think should be done about the Graffiti situation or issue?

5.What do you feel has earned Graffiti a negative reputation?

6.Do you think graffiti could or will ever be legalized?

7.In regards to commissioned murals – how is it that these pieces are accepted by society?

8.Do you feel graffiti is an art form by a destructive individual?

Ive asked the same questions to art lecturers and representatives from the local government, so i'd like to hear the artist's input on this.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

first!

Originally posted by strangeone@Apr 3 2006, 05:15 AM

1.What is your definition of Art? huh?

2.What is your role in relation to graffiti and how you feel about it? i wish it got me laid more often

3.Do you see Graffiti as an art form or vandalism? my roomate was babysitting his nephew..and the little fucker got ahold of one of my rusto cans....fuckin red paint all over the living room wall...the little bastard..k i know he's only two..but the little fuck not only hit up the livingroom but put the cap back aaand put the can back as if it never moved.

4.What do you think should be done about the Graffiti situation or issue?tell the spraypaint companies to stop discontinuing colors every year..dammit

5.What do you feel has earned Graffiti a negative reputation?toys

6.Do you think graffiti could or will ever be legalized? the fuck kind of question?

7.In regards to commissioned murals – how is it that these pieces are accepted by society? pole position is a good game

8.Do you feel graffiti is an art form by a destructive individual?..i like crushing shit...so yes and no..man is a destructive creature by nature..the same can be said for little debbie snacks

i think all of these qeustion interweave into eachother ,wich makes answering them in parts a bit hard..

for me its just pure habit.. somthing that i will prolly never stop doing

Graffiti will always be a crime,of course defacing property is vandalism.if it werent illegal it wouldnt be as good or nearly as fun.

It is considered an artform because it deals with colors and dimensions..but theres no reason in putting a title on it different than it already is...even though it has turned into some what of a fashion show there still are true writers who just paint without all the discussion.

Graff expresses anger,happiness or sometimes just to make your mark,its basically like talking with words without ever opening your mouth.There are obvious downsides to it and satisfactions.

I do it everyday of my life and i wouldnt have it any other way.

Im not sure if any of that would help you out with your report,but everybody has different opinions and theres no avoiding it.

IT IS NOT OUT FAULT YOU LEFT YOUR ASSIGNMENT TO THE LAST MINUTE. IT IS ALSO NOT OUR FAULT THAT YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE ABOUT THE SUBJECT MATTER YOU HAVE CHOSEN. PLEASE DON'T POLLUTE OUR BOARD WITH THIS SHIT, AND WRITE A PAPER ON SOMETHING YOU DO ACTUALLY KNOW ABOUT, SUCH AS CHRONIC MASTURBATION OR INTELLECTUAL DEFORMITIES. THANK YOU