CONTRACTS from the DoD

I get these e-mails daily from the DoD. Thought I would share one with you guys. It gives an extremely comprehensive oversight as to where our money goes. Cheers......

CONTRACTS from the United States Department of Defense

No. 193-06

FOR RELEASE AT

Mar 06, 2006

Media Contact: (703)697-5131

Public/Industry(703)428-0711

_CONTRACTS

_ARMY

Spawglass Construction Corp., Houston, Texas, was awarded on March 2, 2006, a $30,329,700 firm-fixed-price contract for design and construction of an Armed Forces reserve center. Work will be performed in Houston, Texas, and is expected to be completed by July 31, 2008. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. There were 85 bids solicited on Oct. 28, 2005, and one bid was received. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Louisville, Ky., is the contracting activity (W912QR-06-C-0015).

Hensel Phelps Construction Co., Chantilly, Va., was awarded on Feb. 28, 2006, an $18,044,993 modification to a fixed-price-incentive with award-fee contract for changes to the Pentagon Renovation. Work will be performed at the Pentagon, Arlington, Va., and is expected to be completed by Sept. 27, 2009. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This was a sole source contract initiated on Jan. 19, 2001. The Pentagon Renovation and Construction Program Office, Arlington, Va., is the contracting activity (MDA947-01-C-2001).

The Purdy Corp.*, Manchester, Conn., was awarded on Feb. 28, 2006, a delivery order amount of $9,956,400 as part of a $16,941,500 firm-fixed-price contract for Intermediate gear boxes for the AH-64 aircraft. Work will be performed in Manchester, Conn., and is expected to be completed by Sept. 14, 2009. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. There were two bids solicited on Sept. 7, 2005, and two bids were received. The U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command, Redstone Arsenal, Ala., is the contracting activity (W58RGZ-06-D-0143).

James Construction Group, Baton Rouge, La., was awarded on Feb. 24, 2006, a $9,781,825 firm-fixed-price contract for floodwall repairs. Work will be performed in Orleans Parish, La., and is expected to be completed by Oct. 27, 2006. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. There were an unknown number of bids solicited via the World Wide Web on Feb. 10, 2006, and seven bids were received. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New Orleans, La., is the contracting activity (W912P8-06-C-0109).

BAE Systems, York, Pa., was awarded on March 1, 2006, a $9,514,944 modification to a firm-fixed-price contract for spare diesel engines for the M88A2 HERCULES vehicle system. Work will be performed in York, Pa., and is expected to be completed by Oct. 31, 2007. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This was a sole source contract initiated on Nov. 3, 2005. The U.S. Army Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command, Warren, Mich., is the contracting activity (DAAE07-01-C-N030).

Hentzen Coatings, Milwaukee, Wis., was awarded on March 1, 2006, a delivery order amount of $9,214,745 as part of a $14,108,191 firm-fixed-price contract for chemical agent resistant coating for vehicles. Work will be performed in Milwaukee, Wis., and is expected to be completed by April 12, 2007. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. There were two bids solicited on Nov. 30, 2004, and three bids were received. The U.S. Army Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command, Texarkana, Texas, is the contracting activity (W911RQ-05-D-0013).

Global Fleet Sales Inc.*, Anderson, Ind., was awarded on March 1, 2006, an $8,610,000 increment as part of a $17,220,000 firm-fixed-price contract for Afghan National Police trucks. Work will be performed in Bangkok, Thailand, and is expected to be completed by July 31, 2006. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This was a sole source contract initiated on Feb. 9, 2006. The U.S. Army Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command, Warren, Mich., is the contracting activity (W56HZV-06-C-T002).

TAB Construction Company Inc.*, Canton, Ohio, was awarded on Feb. 27, 2006, a $5,596,804 firm-fixed-price contract for construction of a flood wall. Work will be performed in Grundy, Va., and is expected to be completed by Oct. 30, 2007. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. There were an unknown number of bids solicited via the World Wide Web on Oct. 12, 2005, and three bids were received. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Huntington, W.V., is the contracting activity (W91237-06-C-0001).

_AIR FORCE

Gestalt LLC, King of Prussia, Pa., is being awarded a $18,330,000 cost plus fixed fee contract. This contract is to provide research and development of the Distributed Mission Interoperability Toolkit (DMIT) Phase III. This research includes but is not limited to maintaining cross-domain security, matching diverse fidelity of information and processing needs, and enabling distributed services brokering and discovery. At this time, $100,000 has been obligated. Solicitations began January 2005 and negotiations were complete in February 2006. This work will be complete in March 2008. The Electronic Systems Center, Hanscom Air Force Base, Mass., is the contracting activity (FA8726-06-C-0004).

Honeywell International Inc., Clearfield, Fla., is being awarded a $7,599,844 firm fixed price contract modification. This action is to exercise an option to purchase ninety-two (92), AH-64 EGI production units and recurring hardware for the Tri-Service Embedded Global Positioning System (GPS)/Inertial Navigation System (INS) EGI office. At this time, total funds have been obligated. This work will be complete in March 2008. The Headquarters Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio is the contracting activity (F33657-99-C-2040/P00301).

_NAVY

Bell-Boeing Joint Program Office, Patuxent River, Md., is being awarded an $18,102,494 not-to-exceed modification to a previously awarded cost-plus-incentive-fee contract (N00019-03-C-0067) to provide logistic services in support of the CV-22 developmental test and initial operational test and evaluation. Work will be performed at Kirtland Air Force Base, Albuquerque, N.M. (60 percent) and Edwards Air Force Base, Kern, Calif. (40 percent), and is expected to be completed in December 2006. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. The Naval Air Systems Command, Patuxent River, Md., is the contracting activity.

Smiths Aerospace LCC, Customer Services Americas, Clearwater, Fla., is being awarded a $16,543,571 requirements contract to provide performance based logistics in support of the AN-AYK-22 stores management system upgrade used on the F/A-18 C, D, E, F, and G aircraft. Work will be performed in Clearwater, Fla. (95 percent) and Grand Rapids, Mich. (5 percent), and work is expected to be completed by March 2016. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This contract was not awarded competitively. The Naval Inventory Control Point is the contracting activity (N00383-06-D-034D).

Nova Group, Inc., Napa, Calif., is being awarded $11,175,000 for firm-fixed price Task Order 0001 under a previously awarded indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity multiple award construction contract

(N62473-06-D-1005) for design and construction of the rotary wing fueling apron and hydrant system at Marine Corps Air Station, Yuma. Work will be performed in Yuma, Ariz., and is expected to be completed by April 2007. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. The basic contract was competitively procured via the NAVFAC e-solicitation website with 10 offers received and award made to multiple contractors on Oct. 7, 2005. The total contract amount is not to exceed $30,000,000 (base period and four option years). The multiple contractors (six in number) may compete for task orders under the terms and conditions of the existing contract. Five offers were received for this task order. The Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Southwest, San Diego, Calif., is the contracting activity.

Detyens Shipyard, Inc., Charleston, S.C., is being awarded a $7,286,360 firm-fixed-price contract for ship repair, overhaul and drydock to support Military Sealift Command's combat stores ship USNS Spica (T-AFS 9). USNS Spica's primary mission is to provide underway replenishment and/or vertical replenishment to Navy ships at sea, enabling the ships to remain on

station for extended periods of time, ready to respond when needed. This

contract includes options that, if exercised, would bring the cumulative value of the contract to $9,762,788. Work will be performed in Charleston, S.C., and is expected to be completed by July 2006. Contract funds will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This contract was competitively procured with eight proposals solicited and three offers received. The U.S. Navy's Military Sealift Fleet Support Command, Virginia Beach, Va., is the contracting activity (N62381-06-C-2002).

Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), San Diego, Calif., is being awarded a $5,177,718 indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity,

cost-plus-fixed-fee contract for systems integration engineering to plan for, implement, and gain acceptance of C4I components and networks integrated into Navy, Joint, and national C4I systems. This contract is one of four contracts

awarded: all four awardees will compete for task orders during the ordering period. This one-year contract includes four one-year options, which, if exercised, will bring the potential, cumulative value of the contract to $27,667,657. Work will be performed in San Diego, Calif., and is expected to be completed March 2007. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This contract was competitively procured via publication on the Federal Business Opportunities website and posting to the SPAWAR e-Commerce Central website, with 11 offers received. The Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, San Diego. Calif., is the contracting activity (N66001-06-D-0030).

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

In my opinion I believe it only “looks� constitutional because we see the names Army, Navy, and Air Force- etc.

It does beg the question though – don’t these prices seem at bit outrageous?

1. $30,329,700 construction of an Armed Forces reserve- look at all the military bases that have been closed- couldn’t they use one that already exists?

2. $18,044,993 changes to the Pentagon Renovation- they are still renovating the pentagon?

3. $16,941,500 for gear boxes – seriously?

4. $9,781,825 for floodwall repairs – this is logical.

5. $9,514,944 modification to a firm-fixed-price contract for spare diesel engines- okay- I know nothing of what an engine costs….

6. $14,108,191 for chemical agent resistant coating for vehicles- what about chemical agent resistant coating for our troops to protect them from their own chemicals?

7. $17,220,000 for Afghan National Police trucks- wha?

8. $5,596,804 for construction of a flood wall- Logical

9. $18,330,000 this contract is to provide research and development of the Distributed Mission Interoperability Toolkit (DMIT) Phase III- no clue what this is for- or what it means

10. $7,599,844 this action is to exercise an option to purchase ninety-two (92), AH-64 EGI production units and recurring hardware- wha?

11. $18,102,494 not-to-exceed modification to a previously awarded cost-plus-incentive-fee contract (N00019-03-C-0067) to provide logistic services in support of the CV-22- okay sounds official

12. $16,543,571 contract to provide performance based logistics in support of the AN-AYK-22 stores management system upgrade used on the F/A-18 C, D, E, F, and G aircraft- cluless

13. $11,175,000 for design and construction of the rotary wing fueling apron and hydrant system

14. $7,286,360 firm-fixed-price contract for ship repair, overhaul- this actually sounds like a good deal

15. $5,177,718 indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity for, implement, and gain acceptance of C4I components- Wha?

Anyway- there are a few things here that just don’t add up- to me anyway.

well i didnt say it all made sense, but defense is one job the feds are supposed to do. unlike foreign and domestic welfare, social security, dept of education, etc etc.

while i understand the disadvantages and risks of a standing army, but i do believe having one is necessary today.

government is just one big waste.

bro, you need to bid on some shit... the only thing is, you gotta have your shit together to back it up but, if you can build (or subcontract) a whole base, or make gear boxes... more power to ya... but...

Let's say the gearbox guys, so they make gears and boxes and gearboxes for 20 years but here comes the military with a contract for something you can't make with your machines, and out of a different material than you usually use BUT, you got the know how to do it. All you have to do is buy new machinery, re-outfit your plant and process to deal with the new metals AND design and create EXACTLY what they ask for.

Maybe that takes $16mil... maybe it's a product they'll use for 50 years like the Willy's Jeep... maybe it's just a worthless component on a project that gets mothballed... hard to say with your info.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I don't know, but those prices seem pretty straightforward to me. I'd imagine them being much more expensive.

Originally posted by 2342@Mar 6 2006, 10:46 PM

In my opinion I believe it only “looks� constitutional because we see the names Army, Navy, and Air Force- etc.

2. $18,044,993 changes to the Pentagon Renovation- they

I saw a program on frontline, some of the areas of the pentagon havent been repaired since the 70's and the roofing is suffering from water damage and people still work in these areas. One area had to be evacuated, two years before the program, because they had found aspesdos. Its pretty nuts.

Add the 9-11 damage and those numbers should be higher.

Originally posted by Smart@Mar 7 2006, 05:14 AM

more to the point... why do you get these emails daily?

I get them daily because I simply signed up for their news letters (regarding contracts) at the DoD web site- anyone can get them. As citizens we do have a right to know where our money is going.

Originally posted by MAR+Mar 7 2006, 05:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MAR - Mar 7 2006, 05:36 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-2342@Mar 6 2006, 10:46 PM

2. $18,044,993 changes to the Pentagon Renovation- they

I saw a program on frontline, some of the areas of the pentagon havent been repaired since the 70's and the roofing is suffering from water damage and people still work in these areas. One area had to be evacuated, two years before the program, because they had found aspesdos. Its pretty nuts.

Add the 9-11 damage and those numbers should be higher.

[/b]

Mar,

you are correct- I had no idea the working conditions for the people within the pentagon. I TIVO frontline all the time- I thought I had them all- I will have to search for that one- thanks for the info.

Also- I think the point that I did not make was when you get these e-mails daily- and you see the $$$millions of dollars seemingly float away on a daily basis- you forget that – true – obviously most all of these jobs are legit – but when see these e-mails daily and you see just a couple that don’t add up- remember these are millions we are talking about-

Anyway- I thought I would share what I had. The original post I put is exactly how they come to me. I know someone mentioned that I did not have enough information to back up my shit - but that’s all the info I get.

Honestly I did not have the time to go through and research all of the companies or the contracts. Just thought I would throw the info out there-

Guest imported_El Mamerro

We live in a fucking ridiculously expensive world. It's absolutely insane just how much it costs to get anything done in the business world, no matter how insignificant. Those prices are average.

Archived