<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i added the new computers on the server, but when i go to the computer and type servername/connectcomputer in the address bar i get a "HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.

Internet Information Services (IIS)"

error...

i get the same error from pc's already on the network... this shit never happened before when i set up workstations..

SYMPTOMS

When connecting to Internet Information Services using a Web browser, you may receive the following error message:

HTTP 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address rejected

Back to the top Back to the top

CAUSE

Each client has a unique IP address. If the server defines a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the site and the IP address you are using is on this list, you will receive the error message.

This is a feature that grants or denies specific users access to a Web site, directory, or file.

Back to the top Back to the top

RESOLUTION

To resolve this problem, follow these steps.

1. Using the Internet Service Manager (Microsoft Management Console), open the Internet Information Server (IIS) snap-in and select the Web site reporting the 403.6 error. Right-click the Web site, virtual directory, or file where the error is occurring. Click Properties to display the property sheet for that item.

2. Select the appropriate Directory Security or File Security property page. Under IP Address and Domain Name Restrictions, click Edit.

3. In the IP Address and Domain Name Restrictions dialog box, if the Denied Access option is selected, then add the IP address, network ID, or domain of the computer that requires access to the exceptions list.

In the IP Address and Domain Name Restrictions dialog box, if the Granted Access option is selected, then remove the IP address, network ID, or domain of the computer that requires access to the exceptions list.

Important

• When you set security properties for a specific Web site, you automatically set the same security properties for directories and files belonging to that site, unless the security properties of the individual directories and files have been previously set.

• Your Web server will prompt you for permission to reset the properties of individual directories and files when you attempt to set security properties for your Web site. If you choose to reset these properties, your previous security settings will be replaced by the new settings. The same condition applies when you set security properties for a directory containing subdirectories or files with previously set security properties.

Notes

• By default, some sites are only granted access from the IP address 127.0.0.1, which corresponds to the computer name localhost and is considered a different address/name than the NetBIOS or fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the Web server. To access a site restricted to localhost, you must be at the console of the computer with the localhost restriction.

• Computers accessing your server across proxy servers will appear to have the IP address of the proxy server.

• Restricting by domain name is not recommended because it decreases the performance of your Web server by forcing the Web server to perform a reverse DNS lookup for each connection to that site. In addition to increasing the load on the Web server, reverse lookups can also result in unexpected denials. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Guest R@ndomH3ro

yeah I was hoping you guys had a super crack program that generates that stuff..

what I know that every phone has a carrier lock code that is unique to the IMEI. You just need that code and you can unlock your phone and use any service

Anyone work for T-mobile or is some kind of weird phreaker?

go to SETTINGS/SIM CARD on your phone. Nothing will be shown on screen until you type in 'MEPD' followed by 'MEPPD' in case phone is from Vodafone network and sim locks status flags will show up. Usually you should see active NET lock. Now in order to disable this lock, type 'MEP2' then 'MEPP2' if phone is locked to Vodafone as a dialog will appear asking for code. Enter the code as shown in Client and then press the "enter" key on phone.

To make digits on phone you must press MOON STAR key and after the number you like to be enter. Use this trick while typing MEP2/MEPP2

Guest R@ndomH3ro
Enter the code as shown in Client and then press the

that makes no sense. and my phone is not on Vodaphone....you think I am some kind of euro??:mad:

what the hell are you trying to do johnny ballbags/ from what i read you are trying to transfer files from one computer to another, correct ? the best way to do that is to hook up both processors with a serial cable hooked into a serial port and use the file transfer wizard to transfer the files another way is to use a shared network connection and copy paste all the data that you want saved to the other computer, or if you do not have the ability to do either of them (burn the data you want on the other computer by burning a dvd (if no dvd burner) use a cd-r which only holds 700mb and burn data that way

i added the new computers on the server, but when i go to the computer and type servername/connectcomputer in the address bar i get a "HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.

Internet Information Services (IIS)"

error...

i get the same error from pc's already on the network... this shit never happened before when i set up workstations..

HTTP 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address rejected you got to love it, it has to do with IIS

each of the clients has a unique IP address if the server defines a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the site and the IP address you are using is on this list, you will receive the error message

the feature that grants or denies specific users access to a website, directory, or file.

to fix that shit, follow these steps.

using the Internet Service Manager (Microsoft Management Console), open the Internet Information Server (IIS) snap-in and select the Web site reporting the 403.6 error. Right-click the wesite, virtual directory, or file where the error is occurring

(Click Properties to display the property sheet for that item)

click the appropriate directory security or File Security property page

under IP Address and Domain Name Restrictions, click edit

In the IP Address and domain name restrictions box, if the Denied Access option is selected, then add the IP address, network ID, or domain of the computer that requires access to the exceptions list.

In the IP Address and Domain Name Restrictions dialog box, if the Granted Access option is selected, then remove the IP address, network ID, or domain of the computer that requires access to the exceptions list.

Seagate 400GB ST3400633AS-RK Serial ATA (SATA/300) Retail Hard Drive

PRICE $99.99 No rebate

Serial ATA (SATA/300) Interface

Perpendicular Recording

Barracuda 7200.9 Series

7200 RPM

16MB Buffer

Retail Boxed Hard Drive (Installation Kit Included)

5 Year Warranty

http://outpost.com/product/4799749

buy now

just bought me 2 of them

Maxtor Ultra 200GB ATA Internal Hard Drive

Special Buy $109.98 Reg price

- 10.00 Instant savings

- 20.00 Easy rebate

- 30.00 Coupon savings (enter coupon 74759 at checkout)

=$49.98 Final Price Complete solution for ultra fast backup.

200GB

Ultra ATA/133

7200 RPM

Ultra fast 8MB cache buffer

Easy installation

Fluid dynamic bearing (FDB) motor means maximum performance with minimum noise

Ideal for high-end gaming and digital video

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&noredir=true&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=88043