Don't Call it Frisco

RevoL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i remember a time in SF when all the writers in the sco would get together into one crew and unite against fools trying to run their city. this really aint meant to stir up old beef. more to help settle the new shit.

man, that shit was mostly hype.. it had nothing to do with pride in the sco.. these were the same cats who hated on cats for being "downtown" writers until it suited heir purpose to try and bring the whole city into their personal beef..

i was born and raised in the sco, and i love it to death, but honestly some of the outta towners have shown more love than cats from my own turf. cats were just sour cuz outta towners were raising the bar to a level the home team wasn't comfortable at.. and to be honest, these same cats are still not doing illegals to the level the people they tried to unite against were.

now, i ain't tryin' to stir up trouble, i got love for those cats who tried to push that FN or UB crew , and i would support anyone who wants to do shit to better the scene here in the sco.. but the sco ain't about haterism.. i am northern cali to the fullest, but if a cat has heart, more power to him. if they make it so local cats have to up their game, man, we owe them gratitude, not animosity. while i always painted illegal, and buushopped, hit yards and all transit, including the subways these cats tried to say didn't exist in piece by piece (cuz you can't do a piece on the lightrail, and have it run, doesn;t mean it can't be done homie..)but alot of older cats are playing it safe in a major way, and if outta towners push the limits, and make the old cats uncomfortable.. well, i love the sco 100% but i ain't gonna hate on cats for doing it the way i do it, and other locals shoud do it. these cats paint with outta towners all the time, they just got sore cuz people came here and started going dumb, to the benifit of us all.

remember.. alot of the tmf cats who we see as 100% sco, were real influenced by NYC.

so before you get all hyped on some locals only attitude, remember alot of the cats we welcome to sf, like tie (san jose), grey (albquerque), jase (baltimore) KR (nyc), nekst (houston), adek (seattle), are from outta town.. our visitor friends are doing SF proud, and this city has a great rep for being hospitable.. why do we want a rep like NYC, unfriendly? SF has it's own flavor, and out of towners will never know what it's like to be from one of the best cities in the country, if not the world.. but our pride shouldn't turn us jealous.

i think the cats that started that UB shit realised this and learned to work with out of towners, to their benifit.. and the rest of them, don't even paint anymore, so whatever..

cats don't really know about our rich history of clean one flows, hitting panels on the muni, late night raids on masonics and piers yards.. that belongs to us.. if you want to show your sco pride, go hit the yards, by the security a 40oz and hit every one of those fuckers. that's bayish. not some haterism.

that UB shit wasn't really that tight anyway.. they didn't even use out native handstyles, they just ragged out a bunch of shit..

peace

man, that shit was mostly hype.. it had nothing to do with pride in the sco.. these were the same cats who hated on cats for being "downtown" writers until it suited heir purpose to try and bring the whole city into their personal beef..

i was born and raised in the sco, and i love it to death, but honestly some of the outta towners have shown more love than cats from my own turf. cats were just sour cuz outta towners were raising the bar to a level the home team wasn't comfortable at.. and to be honest, these same cats are still not doing illegals to the level the people they tried to unite against were.

now, i ain't tryin' to stir up trouble, i got love for those cats who tried to push that FN or UB crew , and i would support anyone who wants to do shit to better the scene here in the sco.. but the sco ain't about haterism.. i am northern cali to the fullest, but if a cat has heart, more power to him. if they make it so local cats have to up their game, man, we owe them gratitude, not animosity. while i always painted illegal, and buushopped, hit yards and all transit, including the subways these cats tried to say didn't exist in piece by piece (cuz you can't do a piece on the lightrail, and have it run, doesn;t mean it can't be done homie..)but alot of older cats are playing it safe in a major way, and if outta towners push the limits, and make the old cats uncomfortable.. well, i love the sco 100% but i ain't gonna hate on cats for doing it the way i do it, and other locals shoud do it. these cats paint with outta towners all the time, they just got sore cuz people came here and started going dumb, to the benifit of us all.

remember.. alot of the tmf cats who we see as 100% sco, were real influenced by NYC.

so before you get all hyped on some locals only attitude, remember alot of the cats we welcome to sf, like tie (san jose), grey (albquerque), jase (baltimore) KR (nyc), nekst (houston), adek (seattle), are from outta town.. our visitor friends are doing SF proud, and this city has a great rep for being hospitable.. why do we want a rep like NYC, unfriendly? SF has it's own flavor, and out of towners will never know what it's like to be from one of the best cities in the country, if not the world.. but our pride shouldn't turn us jealous.

i think the cats that started that UB shit realised this and learned to work with out of towners, to their benifit.. and the rest of them, don't even paint anymore, so whatever..

cats don't really know about our rich history of clean one flows, hitting panels on the muni, late night raids on masonics and piers yards.. that belongs to us.. if you want to show your sco pride, go hit the yards, by the security a 40oz and hit every one of those fuckers. that's bayish. not some haterism.

that UB shit wasn't really that tight anyway.. they didn't even use out native handstyles, they just ragged out a bunch of shit..

peace

i agree with that shit 100%. i think i wasnt clear in what i was sayin. im talking about kids who come to SF and DISRESPECT those who have and still do put in work. im talking about some toy ass infants tryin to command resepct by hacking some real SF vets. i dont even need to mention names and everyone here will know what im talkin about. you feel me? and yes tried and true, i am well aware of what UB was. i aint trying to say we need to be ONLY FRISCO cause that shit aint gunna push anyone to think bigger. it only stagnates the source. i remember a quote you said once oc80 talkin about cross pollonation with styles and i always agreed with that. what i am saying is that we cant let fools come here and try to call shots when all they are doing is disrespecting people that keep SF on the map no matter what your opinion of their shit is. you wanna come here and kill shit? i welcome you with open arms... as long as you respect where this city has been and where it is now. plain and simple.

am [/color][/color] saying is that we cant let fools come here and try to call shots when all they are doing is disrespecting people that keep SF on the map no matter what your opinion of their shit is. you wanna come here and kill shit? i welcome you with open arms... as long as you respect where this city has been and where it is now. plain and simple.

well, in a perfect world they would behave, and respect the hometown heroes.. orfn might not be from here, but he is adopted.. i mean for real, if you've lived here more than half your life, and then most the years before that you were coming here to get up with a ferocity, i say honorary native status applies.. and not just orfn.. most the cats who lived here so many years they are part of our city and the style we consider "sf".

true, some cats don;t appreciate this places rich history.. but fuck it, it's something we can't explain to them, what it was like seeing form and pocket run the powers.. delf and shit, you feel me? it's what makes the sco native a native.. not fronting on some out of towners and not others.. not ragging shit and embarassing us.. and certainly not some cats making a 5 legal piece a year comeback and trying to say they've been here all along.. without the fresh blood, the city wouldn't have half the writers even doing pieces, truth be told.

i think i smell what you stinkin' though family.. fo' sugga'dale.