Raptor1 style progression

Mr. Chad

ok shyt, but i still dont understand y would u jus do some regualr shyt in your book that u could proly hit on a fr8 or wall in like 15-30 minutes if ur gon do some paper do some hole 2 pager shyt that takes up the hole thing no white some wower shyt ya no.. like it said the words r ok but way to plain no back grounds like doin a bomb on a LEGAL WALL lol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Verbal Kint@Jan 7 2005, 09:54 PM

if youre over 16 you should quit right away

if you are under 16 start biting pronto

i dont know if he was jokin here, but whatever you do, do not listen to him....

i think youre letters are going pretty well, just keep working at it.....start tryin to style shit out....and jizz

eba00487093f00000017.jpg

i like this one its got a weird zephyr feel to it

bring your letters closer together and that will be some mad jive funk

word

mr myron cope

edit : work on that hand hardcore

its lacking big time

just write shit up as many times as you can with different styles that you think look good

then its king

• 1 month later...

your letters suck. they have no flow. your 3-D's take a whole lot away from the focus of your letters and your phycadelic color scheme sucks. its 2005 get out of the Eighties. Also your fills fucking suck. stars are gay. but your getting of to a much better start than most retards. you've got a lot to learn. you'll probally start getting good pretty soon. but if i were you i'd stop doing that fucking new york, rek and the rest of SFR style. Once you get good at those letters you never progress. It might be a good idea to kinda go a diffrent direction, but it's totally up to you. Also you handstyle sucks. You nedd to get the flow of your letters down. And quit fucking around with crowns, dots and crosses in your "o"'s and stick to one name.

P.S. don't tell you parent's shit. lie like a bitch and deny everything

Originally posted by orangenblacksocks@Mar 18 2005, 12:20 AM

your letters suck. they have no flow. your 3-D's take a whole lot away from the focus of your letters and your phycadelic color scheme sucks. its 2005 get out of the Eighties. Also your fills fucking suck. stars are gay. but your getting of to a much better start than most retards. you've got a lot to learn. you'll probally start getting good pretty soon. but if i were you i'd stop doing that fucking new york, rek and the rest of SFR style. Once you get good at those letters you never progress. It might be a good idea to kinda go a diffrent direction, but it's totally up to you. Also you handstyle sucks. You nedd to get the flow of your letters down. And quit fucking around with crowns, dots and crosses in your "o"'s and stick to one name.

What are you talking about how i need to change my style ive only been writing a year and from what i was told during my whole writing career is that i need to start off simple and work my way up and thats what im doing. Im not gonna just start off with some kinda modern wildstyle shit. thanks for the advice anyway.

I hope people from SFR crew read your post.

has anyone ever tried to develop a style using script letters only. Most people just use regular print letters. I think it would be cool to develop a style using only script letters. Im gonna try this over the next few days and ill see how things turn out.

Originally posted by orangenblacksocks@Mar 17 2005, 11:20 PM

My take on this criticism is that it is really overtly agressive and harsh..Are you trying to break his spirit or give him positive criticism? It's like you suffer from indifferent father syndrome. what exactly do you mean by the "rek and sfr style" .. Why tell some 14 year old kid to stop taking influence from a well established very up on freights crew from cross the south east? especially since he has kicked it and taken outlines from founding members of that crew. "SFR Style" is a very abiguous term which doesnt define any particular letter style at all being that that shit varies from crew member to crew member. oh yeah and reks trains and wall pieces are dope he can paint a fresh bode character ya dig and his clouds are pretty original and painted in a way that doesnt hide his readable letters like most people try to do..use a massive amount of clouds to hide the real letter structure of the piece.

Get out of the eighties? i would say something more along the lines of look back at the eighties when graff took a major turn and better piecing techniques were being developed.. and also into the early ninties referring to the first big wave of freight graffiti. Too many kids out there fucking with that nasty unreadable wispy shit..Look at the masters like Dondi and the kings of this current era. Readable stylish letters are where its at. Anyway, besides that, i think any literate person who is trying to take criticism wouldn't understand what you mean when you say something like "stars are gay" or "your fills fucking suck" .. It is

more probably that he would change or experiment with different types of fills if you gave him some suggestions instead of telling him that using stars are wack. stars are classic.

I will agree with something one hundred percent when you say that those tags aren't very good, taking into consideration that usually it takes a whie to be able to execute a tag with a ood flow or whatever until ears after bombing..like usa puzl said your first 100 fills will be completely wack after that 1 out of 20 might be decent etc etc..its all about experience. Turbo i would suggest doing very readable spaced out print tags thats what i have been trying to work with since i came to the conclusion i need to slow down and take a step back. Other than that you are going to get alot of hate as your shit gets fresher than it already is becoming but don't sweat it i know you got heart so don't let no one tell you anything about your shit is "gay" because you are definitely on the right track wish i had influences like you when i was a littler one.

keep drawing and getting up in them cuts and duck offs like you been doing son.